Century Engineering – Hunt Valley, MD Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering is seeking a detailed oriented Accounting Clerk to join our finance Team. Reporting to the Controller, the successful candidate will assist with day-to-day general accounting input, data entry, and related finance and administrative duties. The rate for this position is $17.00 – $20.00 per hour, depending upon years of experience.
- Prepare and enter AP invoice batches within Deltek Vision
- Ensure approval and GL coding is completed and entry is completed accurately
- Contact vendors when needed to resolve invoice issues
- Assist with vendor file set-up within Vision
- Maintain vendor files on-site
- Process vendor payments when needed
- Review employee expense reports for accuracy and per diem requirements
- Work with employees to resolve expense report errors
- Assist with the processing of employee reimbursements
- Support projects assigned to Finance/Admin group as needed
- Minimum 2 years relevant accounting experience
- Proficiency with use of MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Prior experience with accounting-related software. Deltek experience preferred
- Knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping principles and procedures
- Efficiency, accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Good oral and written expression in English
Local residency or ability to relocate at your own expense. No phone calls please. We will only accept resumes through our online application process.
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any part of this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.