Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: Chicago, IL; Remote/Virtual
Status: Full Time; Non-Exempt
Reports To: RAAP Staff Attorney
Salary Range: Range $45k-$55k per year
Resources for Abortion Delivery (RAD)
RAD seeks to protect and improve access to quality abortion care in the United States-particularly for poor and low-income people–by providing financial and technical support, strategic thinking, legal assistance, and information to the independent abortion provider community. RAD’s current team consists of eight full-time employees who work together virtually from locations throughout the United States. RAD manages various programs, such as Regulatory Assistance for Abortion Providers (RAAP), which provides legal and regulatory compliance advice to abortion providers, and a Loan and Grant Program, which provides capital support to eligible independent abortion providers.
The Administrative Assistant will support RAD’s operations and programmatic work by performing administrative, organizational, and coordinating duties to ensure efficient operation of the organization. The Administrative Assistant is a new position at RAD; this position will have regular ongoing responsibilities but is also expected to be flexible and adapt quickly to changing priorities as RAD is a growing organization, and RAD staff work as a nimble and fastpaced team. The Administrative Assistant will be based in Chicago, but will primarily work remotely, with occasional in-person meetings in shared office space in Chicago. The Administrative Assistant will report to Chicago-based staff.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
The Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative support for the team across all programs, in addition to any emergent needs identified by management. The Administrative Assistant’s responsibilities include: Processing team expenses and contracts, maintaining team files and data, booking and managing team travel, maintaining mailing and contact lists, assisting with conference and event logistics, assisting with programmatic research, managing team calendars and assisting with call and meeting scheduling, providing as-needed technology support, and other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
● Minimum 3 years of experience in administrative support (internships and work experience combined).
● Ability to work remotely (RAD will consider reimbursement for as-needed use of coworking spaces on a case by case basis), with occasional in-person meetings within Chicago (2-4 times per month), and to travel to other in-person meetings in the U.S. approximately 2-3 times per year.
● Demonstrated experience telecommuting, working virtually, or working with an off-site manager, or comparable work experience that shows an ability to succeed in an off-site work situation.
● Demonstrated aptitude for learning and using software/applications for research or work settings (e.g., project management tools, data collection applications).
● Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous and complex tasks.
● Proficiency with Google applications including Gmail, Google drive, Google docs, and Google sheets.
● Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Valued Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Experience working in a start-up environment
● Experience working for a non-profit organization
● Experience in the reproductive health field that is applicable to the essential responsibilities listed above
● Experience using SalesForce
● Independent self-starter who is able to stay focused and driven while working remotely
● Extremely well organized and detail-oriented
● Strong oral and written communicator
● Excellent time management skills, including the ability to prioritize assigned tasks and work efficiently towards completing them
● Team player willing to perform a wide variety of tasks
● Handles sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
● Professional, personable, and has a sense of humor
● Commitment to reproductive justice and protecting abortion access
● RAD is committed to cultural diversity and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates.
Hopewell Fund Careers
Resources for Abortion Delivery is a project of Hopewell Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Hopewell Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Hopewell Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 2, 2019.