The National Women’s Law Center seeks an Assistant to contribute to the Center’s communications outreach and provide administrative support to the Vice President of Communications and Senior Vice President of External Affairs.
National Women’s Law Center: Expanding possibilities. Eliminating barriers. We are passionate champions of national and state policies and laws that help women and girls achieve their potential throughout their lives- at school, at work, at home, in their families, and in their communities. We are committed advocates who take on the toughest challenges, especially for women who face multiple and intersecting forms of discrimination and women who are low-income – and we make change happen. We are proud to have been on the front lines of virtually every major advance for women since 1972, benefiting women, their families, their communities, and the nation.
The Assistant plays an integral role in the Center’s communications efforts to raise the visibility of the organization among key constituencies and provides crucial administrative support to the Vice President of Communications and Senior Vice President of External Affairs. The position also contributes to the Center’s media efforts and, as needed, to the Center’s digital efforts.
Administrative responsibilities include:
- Responding to routine organizational inquiries and requests for information;
- Scheduling meetings;
- Processing invoices and expense reports;
- Helping prepare budgets;
- Providing organization-wide assistance as needed, e.g. limited back-up for receptionist.
- Developing and maintaining systems to track and analyze the work of the media relations team;
- Developing and maintaining targeted press lists in the media database;
- Posting and updating media-related content on the Center’s website.
- Assisting with webinars and sign-on letters. .
Media responsibilities include:
· Fielding media calls;
· Coordinating interviews with NWLC experts;
· Conducting media research;
· Developing story archives for the Center’s issue areas.
- Associates degree;
- One to two years of experience in an administrative capacity at a non-profit organization, public relations agency, media outlet, Capitol Hill office or related field;
- Proficiency in MS Word;
- Familiarity with MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize, organize and complete work independently;
- Experience with content management systems, social networking platforms and InDesign a plus;
- Must be self-starter with an eye for detail, flexibility, good judgment as well as the ability to learn quickly and handle multiple, concurrent tasks and assignments in an effective manner;
- Commitment to progressive women’s issues.
Salary commensurate with experience. The Center offers excellent benefits, including pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation, and four weeks of annual vacation. Office located on Metro’s Red Line in DuPont Circle. Intellectually stimulating workplace with passionate, dedicated colleagues.