Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF)/Feminist Majority (FM) is seeking a highly motivated person with knowledge of and passion for feminist issues for the position of Assistant to the President. Responsibilities of the Assistant to the President may include:
- Assisting in researching, writing, and editing proposals, reports, letters, and acknowledgements
- Scheduling and communicating with organizational leaders, representatives, reporters, etc.
- Draft and print acknowledgement for donors and assist with other development tasks
- Working closely with senior and executive staff on special events, projects, and campaigns
- Researching and writing daily content for the Feminist Daily Newswire, published on feminist.org, msmagazine.com, and feministmajority.org
- Working closely with IT staff to update and manage FMF and FM’s websites
- Coordinating FMF’s internship program which includes recruiting, hiring, and managing intern classes of 12+ students
- Liaison with Ms. magazine writers to issue contracts, track payment, and carry out other administrative duties as assigned
- Assisting with the planning and logistics of large scale events including FMF’s National Young Feminist Leadership Conference and FM’s Women Money Power Summit
- Coordinating office administrative tasks
Successful candidates will possess most of the following qualifications
- Extensive computer and online skills required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress a plus; experience in social media strategy, communications, or graphic design a plus
- Ability to communicate easily and efficiently by phone and in writing with executive staff, organizational leaders, reporters, funders, and board members
- Strong writing and research skills
- Bachelors degree preferred, graduate degree a plus
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated interest and commitment to feminist issues, activism, legislation, public policy, and electoral politics
- Experience in fundraising and grant writing a plus
- Commitment to FMF’s mission and goals
This is a full-time position out of our Arlington, VA office. Starting salary is $37,500, can be negotiated upward based on experience and education. Benefits include two weeks vacation (with a winter vacation from December 24-January 2), generous health and dental benefits, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Complete applications require a resume, a cover letter detailing leadership and issue experience, a brief (1-3 pages) writing sample, and three academic/professional references. Only completed applications will be reviewed. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assistant to the President” as the subject line. Applicants will be notified if they have been selected for an interview.
The Feminist Majority Foundation/Feminist Majority is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and workplace equity. People of color, people with disabilities, non-native U.S. citizens, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and other historically marginalized communities are highly encouraged to apply.
About Feminist Majority Foundation
The Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF) is a national nonprofit dedicated to women’s equality, reproductive health and rights, and ending all gender-based violence.