The Feminist Majority and the National Organization for Women have joined together in an independent expenditure campaign in Virginia to elect candidates supportive of the ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA), social justice and environmental issues.
Our team is recruiting hardworking and passionate Virginia community college and university students and recent graduates to be Campus Political Organizers for our student-led voter education and mobilization campaign to help turn out the vote in key state house and senate district legislative elections in November.
Whether you’re a first time organizer, or you have some organizing experience, The Feminist Majority and the National Organization for Women are providing an opportunity for student activists to get involved in the 2019 Virginia state legislature elections.
Organizers will be working part-time (5-20 hours/per week) through Election Day – November 5th – at $15.00 /hour. Applications will be accepted on a rolling-basis, beginning August 30th.
The Campus Organizer will help execute all aspects of our campaign plan. The ideal campaign organizer candidate will possess most or all of the following qualities:
- Understanding of and commitment to intersectional feminism including women’s and LGBTQIA rights, racial and ethnic justice, anti-violence work, environmental issues, and economic justice;
- Ability to multi-task and work in high-pressure situations, both independently and part of a team;
- Willingness to learn new organizing strategies
- Communications and facilitation skills; and
- Past experience working with diverse constituencies and familiarity with voter registration or electoral campaigns is a plus.
About the Position & What You’ll Gain
In your role as our campus political organizer, you will be responsible for organizing Get Out the Vote events and managing your volunteer force during a highly dynamic and fast-paced state legislative campaign. By the end of your work, you will have learned how to:
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers;
- Organize campus and online events to help Get Out the Vote; and
- Ensure that volunteers and activists are informed of activities and meaningfully engaged in our efforts.
About Feminist Majority & National Organization for Women
The Feminist Majority (feministmajority.org) is a national organization based in Virginia that works to empower feminists and win equality for women at the state and national level. The Feminist Majority is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.