Leadership and planning
• Represents PCAR with representatives of government, business, labor, and other organizations,
delivers speeches, and meets with legislative representatives to present organization’s viewpoints.
• Provides support and guidance about messaging to staff and consultants at PCAR, NSVRC, and
RALIANCE, as well as to other professionals working in the sexual assault and prevention arenas.
• Provides leadership in agency strategic planning processes, especially related to branding, identity,
Corporate Partnerships, Public Relations and Development
• Increases and safeguards the visibility and credibility of PCAR and provides leadership in areas of
• Identifies, engages, cultivates, solicits and stewards current and prospective corporate sponsors to
expand their financial support of the work of PCAR’s state and national projects.
• Serves as one of primary external spokespeople for NSVRC and the PA Coalition, with particular
emphasis on high profile news stories and major news outlets.
• Comfortable with all types of interviews including live, taped, written, and telephone.
• Assists sexual assault programs in responding effectively to high-profile situations.
• Provides strategic vision and leadership to develop legislative priorities for state policy advocacy in
coordination with Public Policy Director.
iness development goals.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Communications, Public Relations, Government Relations,
or similar area from a four-year college or university plus five years related experience and/or training
in communications. This position requires strong relationship-building and communication skills.
PCAR offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by September 13, 2019.