Century Engineering – Dover, DE Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century is seeking motivated candidates for civil design projects performed for a variety of public agencies and private clients. Work will be performed under the guidance of an experienced project engineer or project manager and will include collaboration with other designers and engineers. Candidates will assist in maintaining existing and building new client relationships. The successful candidate is expected to perform engineering tasks in the civil engineering field through application of relevant design criteria and standards, code requirements, and approval processes.
- Perform design/computations for grading, earthwork, stormwater management, drainage, sanitary sewer, water distribution, and ADA compliance for site development projects
- Perform quantity take-offs and cost estimates
- Interpret and apply local, state, and federal code requirements to designs
- Collaborate with team members to develop and adhere to submission schedules
- Conduct site walk-throughs to determine construction compliance with approved designs
- Attend office and field meetings and perform field inspections and investigations
- Minimum 2 years of civil design experience on projects in Delaware or Maryland
- 2-year degree from ABET accredited higher education institution in an engineering related field
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D
- Ability to plan and organize work, analyze and solve problems, and prepare and support comprehensive designs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently
- Attention to detail, responsiveness, and the ability to maintain focused concentration
- Additional Considerations (Not required but will be considered in determining compensation): EIT or PE certification
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact email@example.com or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.