Century Engineering – New Cumberland, PA Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering is currently seeking a motivated and talented Civil Engineering Intern for the fall/winter semester (with opportunity to extend through the spring semester) in the Transportation Structures Department at our New Cumberland, PA office. As part of a design team, you will be responsible for performing tasks on a variety of transportation projects.
- Develop plan details for bridge/culvert maintenance, repair, rehabilitation, and replacement projects using CADD and engineering design software
- Prepare structural design calculations in accordance with applicable design standards and agency preferences
- Perform structural analysis of new designs and existing structures (bridges and other transportation structures) using various bridge design software programs
- Prepare construction quantity computations, cost estimates, and prepare specifications for various types of transportation projects
- Coordinate with engineering design staff and other disciplines to meet project objectives
- Full time Civil Engineering student from an ABET-accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering program
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate clearly and effectively with supervisors and design team members
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Sound time management and task prioritization skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiarity with engineering design and CADD software to include Microstation, AutoDesk, STAAD, Geopak, OpenRoads or other 3D Finite Element Modeling or CADD software a PLUS
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.