Do you have a talent for writing and a knack for coming up with creative new ideas? Do you enjoy keeping up with the news and engaging with people on social media? Are you passionate about fighting for reproductive justice, economic equality, and a world free of sexual and intimate partner violence? We’ve got the perfect job for you.
The Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF) is looking for a new Communications Associate to assist in drafting, managing, and strategizing on FMF’s digital and traditional communications content. The candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, diverse work environment and be committed to producing high quality communications materials that relay factual information with a strong feminist voice.
We’re looking for a self-starter who works well independently but also loves collaborating with passionate colleagues on an exciting range of projects, from protecting Title IX to ratifying the Equal Rights Amendment. Our Communications Associate must be able to understand complex policy issues, analyze them through a feminist justice lens, and then craft an accessible and persuasive message that educates supporters and drives people to action.
- Assist with digital content on and develop social media campaigns for Twitter and Facebook.
- Write for and edit our online blogs and newswires.
- Draft, edit, code, and distribute emails to our members, including action alerts, event notifications, and fundraising campaigns.
- Assist in planning events including press conferences, congressional briefings, and fundraisers.
- Assist in the drafting, editing, and distribution of press releases and media advisories.
- Assist in media outreach efforts by tracking relevant reporters, vetting media inquiries, scheduling and managing interviews, and drafting quotes.
- 1-2 years of experience in non-profit, political, advocacy, or organizing spaces.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in political science, public policy, communications, or some type of related discipline.
- Superior writing, editing, and oral communications skills.
- Proven commitment to and experience working on social justice issues.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with sound judgement.
- Creative person with an interest in feminism and passion for progressive solutions.
Desired Pluses (not required):
- Knowledge of HTML coding
- Familiarity with Salsa, ActBlue, and/or other similar donation/action/email systems
- Graphic design experience
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite/InDesign
- Experience working as a campaign organizer, working on the Hill, and/or conducting media outreach
- Knowledge of email fundraising best practices
Please send a resume, a cover letter, and two writing samples via email to Killian McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line: Communications Associate Application. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Due to a high volume of applicants, we will only be reaching out to the most qualified candidates. Please no calls.
About Feminist Majority Foundation
Since 1987, the Feminist Majority Foundation has been dedicated to advancing women's equality, reproductive health, and non-violence. Our research and action programs focus on advancing the legal, social, and political equality of women, countering the backlash to women's advancement, and recruiting and training young feminists to encourage future leadership for the U.S. and global feminist movement. Our sister organization, the Feminist Majority, engages in lobbying and other direct political action, pursuing equality between women and men through legislative avenues.