Global Justice Center is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic Communications Manager with a passion for human rights and the ability to synthesize complex ideas and explain them simply. We are looking for a communications professional with exceptional interpersonal skills who is familiar with the world of international human rights and advocacy and is interested in joining a small and high-energy team.
I. Duties & Responsibilities
Major duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
– Develop and drive a communications strategy in alignment with the organization’s larger vision, mission, values, and strategic priorities.
– Raise the profile of the organization as a thought leader.
– Develop campaigns that effectively reach target audiences and build a base of support and engagement.
– Maintain consistent brand identity, ensuring that the voice and visual identity are consistent across platforms and departments.
– Oversee and implement the strategic direction, design, and maintenance of GJC’s website.
– Track and analyze communications, media, and social media metrics.
– Manage communications budget to maximize efficiencies and impact.
– Manage and mentor undergraduate communications interns.
– Pitch stories and respond to incoming media requests.
– Develop relationships with key journalists covering relevant topics.
– Position organization as experts on international law and gender issues.
– Track press coverage and expand upon targeted press lists for priority issues.
– Work with program staff to research, draft, and pitch advocacy pieces.
– Write and distribute press releases and media advisories.
Social Media Management
– Maintain and expand GJC’s social media presence across platforms, ensuring consistent publication of quality content across owned social channels: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
– Monitor social media conversations and trends to ensure that GJC is participating in relevant conversations.
– Write compelling copy tailored to target audiences, including for the website, social media, and monthly newsletters.
– Produce accessible multimedia content including videos and podcasts.
– Work closely with the development team to ensure fundraising pitches are compelling and successful.
– Manage relationships with vendors, including printers, designers, consultants, and volunteers.
– Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years communications experience at a non-profit or advocacy organization.
– Demonstrated experience placing op-eds and developing relationships with journalists.
– Outstanding writing and editing skills.
– Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex material to develop clear and engaging copy.
– Experience managing social media accounts in a professional capacity, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
– Proficiency with Joomla, HTML, Salesforce, Asana, Google Analytics and AdWords, MailChimp, Hootsuite, Zapier, and Adobe Suite.
– Strong collaboration skills; ability to work both independently and as part of a small team.
Deadline to apply is June 14, 2019, and applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Salary is $55,000 – $65,000, commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with benefits.
To apply, send a resume, cover letter including salary requirements and a writing sample to: email@example.com.
About Global Justice Center
The Global Justice Center (GJC) is a fast-growing influential human rights organization that uses the progressive enforcement of international law to promote a global rule of law based on gender equality. We develop innovative legal strategies to define, establish, and protect human rights and gender equity. We work at the United Nations and with global partners including governments, civil society leaders, women and democracy leaders in conflict and post-conflict situations to dismantle embedded patriarchal structures in legal and political systems around the world.