Century Engineering – Dover, DE Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is seeking experienced Construction Inspectors for our Dover, DE office for work assignments in Kent and/or Sussex Counties in Delaware. Night and/or weekend work may be required. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ heavy highway construction experience specifically knowledge of bridge, structure and roadway construction methods and materials.
- Familiarity with DelDOT and/or PennDOT Road and Bridge Specifications, Standards, Construction Manual and MUTCD.
- Familiarity with/use of PC-based computer systems and/or tablet systems.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans for structures, bridges and roadways and understand construction specifications, engineering tables and reference materials.
- Knowledge of construction materials (steel, concrete, soil, hot mix asphalt, aggregate, etc).
- Knowledge in principles and techniques of surveying.
- Good organizational skills.
- Basic math skills including ability to measure and record linear measurements and to compute volume and area for basic geometric shapes (triangle, square, rectangle, trapezoid, cylinder, circle), density, weight, etc.
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend and speak English fluently.
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements.
- Current/valid State Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
Training or Certifications:
- NICET II, III or IV certification in Heavy Highway preferred.
- Other certifications a plus: ATSSA Flagger and/or Traffic Manager certification, DNREC CCR – Erosion & Sediment Control Inspection, Fall protection and confined space training, Guardrail Installation, OSHA Safety, and Nuclear Safety & Transportation. Other specialty certifications may include SSPC C-3, NACE, MARTCP and or NECEPT.
Century offers an excellent benefits program, 401k, paid holidays/vacation and an outstanding work environment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.