Century Engineering – Fairfax, VA Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a dynamic full-service consulting design firm offering professional services in Civil, Survey, Geotechnical, Landscape Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Structural, Environmental and Transportation engineering throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of close to 550 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Century is orientated around its employees first and provides competitive salaries and benefits. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, our culture encourages continued learning, motivation, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering, Inc. seeks experienced Construction Management Staff to include: Construction Managers, Inspector Seniors, and Inspectors for our Fairfax, VA office. Anticipated work assignments mainly located in Fairfax, Loudon and Prince William Counties in Virginia. Night and/or weekend work may be required. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Minimum 3 years of VDOT experience and knowledge of bridge, structure and roadway construction methods, materials, practices
- Familiarity with VDOT Road and Bridge Specifications, Standards, Inspector Manual and MUTCD
Basic knowledge of construction administration, construction materials (steel, concrete, soil, hot mix asphalt, aggregate, etc.), and daily completion of inspector reports documenting contractor operations and quantities
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans for structures, bridges and roadways and understanding construction specifications, engineering tables and reference materials
- Ability to apply mathematical formulas and engineering principles to determine minor field adjustments to construction plans using algebra, geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to inspect and verify highway work zones and traffic control setups are in accordance with current standards
- Familiarity with principles and techniques of surveying
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, rules and regulations
- Proficient in the use of engineering and testing equipment
- Computer literate to include Windows, MS Office Word & Excel, e-mail, and Site Manager
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Current/valid State Drivers’ License REQUIRED
Training or Certifications:
- VDOT and/or NICET II certifications REQUIRED for Hydraulic Cement Concrete – Field and Soil and Aggregate Compaction
- VDOT Certification in Asphalt Field I and II, Slurry Surfacing, Surface Treatment, Pavement Marking and Intermediate Work Zone Traffic Control REQUIRED
- Other certifications a plus: Fall protection and confined space training, Guardrail Installation, OSHA Safety, Nuclear Safety & Transportation, Flagger certification, DEQ Erosion & Sediment Control Inspection and DEQ Storm water. Other specialty certifications may include NACE, and CMIT (Construction Manager in Training)
Century offers an excellent comprehensive benefits program to include: Healthcare (Health, Dental & Vision), 401k Retirement Plan, Group Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement and an outstanding work environment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.