The Texas Democratic Party is currently seeking a top-tier, self-motivated, and innovative Coordinated Campaign Director. This person will oversee, support and ensure coordination between the teams representing our core programs: candidate services, county services, training, voter protection, and our statewide organizing program.
Specifically, the Coordinated Campaign Director will:
- Oversee, manage, and lead inter-team planning between the directors leading teams comprising the Coordinated Campaign effort: the TDP’s statewide organizing program, candidate services, county party support, voter protection, and training;
- Work with director-level direct-reports to develop staffing plans and oversee recruitment of diverse coordinated campaign staff to execute the campaign program;
- Develop and supervise overall voter-contact strategy, including but not limited to voter-identification, voter-registration, and get-out-the-vote drives;
- Work with Data / Analytics team to set data-driven goals and develop a system to track progress to goals;
- Foster relationships with national organizations (i.e. DSCC, DCCC, DNC, and national allied organizations) that financially and strategically support the Plan’s goals and objectives;
- Engage existing partner organizations and new activist organizations to integrate their programs and volunteer capacity into the coordinated campaign;
- Build communication structures to collaborate, share information, and track progress toward goals with partnering campaigns, local parties, and state and national allies;
- Regularly update and offer guidance to statewide campaign slate;
- Oversee and manage the coordinated budget, working with Compliance to ensure adherence to state and federal campaign finance rules and regulations;
- Research, suggest, and implement new and innovative systems or tools that enhance the coordinated campaign;
- Support the senior leadership team in effectively communicating the goals, objectives, and progress of the coordinated plan to donors, the press, party leaders, and other stakeholders;
- Negotiate and manage vendor contracts for paid services;
- Oversee and develop a statewide GOTV plan to support Democrats up and down the ticket.
The Coordinated Campaign Director will report to the Deputy Executive Director.
- At least 3 cycles (a) in a leadership role on a campaign for public office, or (b) as staff for a party organization, aligned organization, or a coordinated campaign;
- Proven track record of effective recruitment, management, and development of diverse staff;
- Experience managing large multi-department and/or multi-level staffing structures;
- Ability to speak, write, and communicate effectively to staff, and partners of different backgrounds and experience as well as the public at large;
- Flexibility to work long, irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, and maintain a positive attitude;
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders, complete projects under tight deadlines, and maintain a positive attitude;
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized;
- Time management skills are a must;
- Proficiency in campaign and general technology including NPGVAN, Google Apps, Hustle, Microsoft Office apps, etc.;
- An absolute commitment to complete the 2020 cycle at the Texas Democratic Party.
Exceptional candidates have:
- Texas ties and / or battleground state experience
- Intentionality when developing a thriving, healthy internal team culture
- Demonstrated skill at setting and communicating priorities
- Familiarity with Federal and State financial compliance
- Experience with field or organizing (such as targeting, training, voter identification, and get-out-the-vote drives)
- Record of working with national, state and local political players engaged in electoral strategies and programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and clearly communicate with different types of stakeholders, from high level elected officials to grassroots activists
- Reliable Transportation
- A reliable laptop
- A reliable cell phone
This is a full-time, cycle-only position; there should be no expectation of employment beyond November 2020.
About Texas Democratic Party
Texas Democrats believe democratic government exists to achieve as a community, state, and nation what we cannot achieve as individuals.We believe in equal opportunity, fairness, freedom, family, community, and a responsibility to ourselves and each other. These are the values our elders passed down to us, the values we hope to share with our children, and the values we expect from our elected officials.The Texas Democratic Party is a movement of millions of Texans coming together to fight for our Texas values.