SEIU Local 509 (Service Employees International Union)
Job Title: Coordinator of Field Services for Higher Education Faculty, SEIU Local 509
Location: Boston MA
SEIU Local 509 is a fast growing, progressive union representing over 18,000 state workers, publicly funded but privately employed workers, faculty and Family Childcare Providers in Massachusetts.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
• Supervises internal organizers
• Oversees negotiations at universities
• Coordinates internal organizers’ work with other components of the Local Union such as, grievance representation, organizing and politics
• Consults with and advises Higher Education chapter leadership regarding chapter issues, strategies and tactics
• Coordinates community, research and political support for Higher Education bargaining and contract campaigns
• At least 4 years of union experience at a senior level
• At least 1 year experience with a faculty union
• At least 1 year supervisory experience
• Willingness to work long hours, travel in and out of Massachusetts, and work on weekends and evenings
• Good knowledge of contract interpretation, and federal and state employment laws
• Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with Web based membership databases such as: Emembership, VAN, or Unionware
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Local 509 provides excellent benefits. Depending on experience and qualifications the salary for this position ranges from 70-80K.
SEIU Local 509 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/vfdpvgxhxvbxdx3x