SEIU Local 509 (Service Employees International Union)
Job Title: Coordinator of Field Services for Family Child Care Providers
Location: Boston, MA
General Description of Position
SEIU Local 509 is a fast growing, progressive union representing over 18,000 state workers, publicly funded but privately employed workers, faculty and Family Childcare Providers in Massachusetts. This position oversees the family child care department of local 509, and is responsible for representation, bargaining and leadership development for family child care providers.
Example of Duties:
- Leads childcare staff and member organizer/leaders
- Coordinates bargaining committee
- Develops the planning and execution of the formation of regional membership structure for the child care department
- Coordinate Child care department activity with other components of the Local union such as organizing, communications and politics.
- Plans, develops and coordinate leadership development of the childcare membership
- Develops and maintains familiarly with the key early learning policy issues and translates those issues into political action, issue campaigns and work with allies.
- Coordinates communications, press and research aspects of campaigns
- Meets with management to discuss various issues
- Attends membership, chapter and local meetings
- Respond to member concerns and complaints
- Evaluates work performance
- Perform related work as required
Reports to the Director of Field Services
Supervises team of internal organizers and member leaders on lost-time
Must have at least 5 years’ experience in community or issue based advocacy, preferably within the labor movement or political campaigns. With at least 2 years of management or supervision experience or training.
Must possess good written and oral communication skills and have the ability to work in stressful situations.
Must be willing to work long hours, travel both in and out of state and work on weekend and evenings.
It is strongly preferred that the applicants be bilingual in Spanish and English.
Excellent computer skills are essential.
SEIU Local 509 offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits
No phone calls please
A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for us, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU Local 509 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/4q8tcz47zqcjw3bp