· Use your graphics skills, experience, knowledge, creativity and talent to make a difference.
· Help us channel to nonprofits some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year buying birthday, wedding, and holiday presents.
· Become a member of our dynamic and creative international team.
· Enhance your resume and get a glowing letter of recommendation.
Our graphics interns/volunteers will work on websites, web banners, presentations, and marketing materials.
The New York Times called an “amazon.com of the nonprofit world” for our work in helping 400 leading nonprofits capture some of the fortune normally spent on traditional presents.
While a million nonprofits desperately need more funds to accomplish their missions, Americans spend $450 billion a year on birthday, holiday, and other presents. Most of those presents are not very rewarding. Tons of sweaters, fuzzy slippers, and ties end up in the dark corners of our closets.
It is no surprise that a growing number of people, who seek meaning more than “stuff,” are starting to show their love by donating in a friend’s name in lieu of giving traditional presents.
The challenge for nonprofits is that it is simply too daunting to provide the requisite gift-like experience (tangible charitable gifts, wish lists and registries, and personalized printed greeting cards) that can make a donation feel like a rewarding gift. ChangingThePresent.org provides those tools to facilitate this type of giving for nonprofits and donors.
We are about to take ChangingThePresent to the next level. That involves expanding from the initial 400 organizations to inviting all 1.1 million nonprofits, as well as adding additional causes and categories. Within each cause area, we will seek growth funding, invite advisors, recruit nonprofits, use media and social media to raise awareness among the public, and recruit celebrities to lend their voices.
Imagine the impact we can make together as more and more people adopt this type of meaningful gift-giving!
Casual and Friendly Office Environment
This is a great place to work. We have had interns and volunteers from all over the United States and more than fifty countries. The atmosphere is energetic, creative, and fun. We value brainstorming, initiative, sharing, and collaborating. Think of it is a laboratory, studio, seminar, or incubator. We are also casual. We are interested in your brains, creativity and heart, rather than your attire. Want to work in jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops? That’s fine with us.
Who, Where, When
· We are glad to hear from undergraduate and graduate students, as well as professionals who want to make a meaningful impact with their skills.
· We are conveniently located at 7th Avenue and 33 Street, across from Penn Station in Manhattan.
· Full-time or part-time, school-year or summer, day or evening, weekday or weekend. Just let us know when you are available.
· We provide a great opportunity to make a meaningful change in the world, but this is an unpaid position.
To learn more, please see the illustrated presentation at www.ChangingThePresent-Join.org.
Please share this opportunity.
Are you ready for a great experience and eager to make a difference?
Send a resume, short cover note, and a link to your portfolio to:
join [AT] ChangingThePresent [DOT] org.
ChangingThePresent is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which focuses on generating funding for nonprofits, K-12 schools, and teachers. We share space with and collaborate with ClassWish.org, another nonprofit, which helps generate donations for schools.