Because we focus on advocacy in the middle of the country, we understand more than anyone the importance of remote organizing, which is why we offer a virtual internship option. Virtual interns are required to work a minimum of 10 hours a week in addition to participating in weekly intern Google Hangouts. During their 10 hours, interns must make themselves available to their supervisor and do regular check-ins. We try to structure our virtual internships in such a way that our interns are able to have a fulfilling and educational experience, with the flexibility of working from miles away.
Trust Women also offers traditional in-house internships for interns local to the Wichita, Kansas metro area, as well as interns from outside the area who are able to relocate for the summer. We will also offer home stay arrangements for interns who relocate from outside the metro area. Local interns must work a minimum of 10 hours. Interns with home stay arrangements will be expected to work a minimum of 20 hours.
We are seeking a Development Intern to assist with marketing and fundraising strategies. In this role you will be directly responsible for implementing an ongoing fundraising plan, and have a direct impact on strategies and communication.
- Execute proven fundraising strategies, both direct mail and online and non-traditional strategies.
- Discover and research alternative strategies to optimize donor engagement and fundraising.
- Create engaging online marketing campaigns to large audiences.
- Assist with coordination of events, researching vendors, preparing invitations, making follow-up calls, and tracking RSVP’s.
- Manage fundraising database, including regular reports, data entry and donor research to maintain the health of in house file.
- Craft written fundraising letters and other correspondence with donors.
- Implement ongoing transparency systems and communicate these improvements to various audiences.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Preference for familiarity with Blackbaud and Etapestry
- Ability to report on quantitative and qualitative goals
- Ability to work and research independently and report back on a variety of projects
- Commitment and passion for organizational development and the ongoing health and success of a non-profit.
To apply, please send the following items to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Three references, at minimum
- Writing sample
Please indicate both in your cover letter and the body of the email which position(s) you are interested in applying for, as well as when you are available to start. Letters of recommendation are welcome, but not required.
About Trust Women Foundation
Trust Women is a dynamic, emerging non-profit that focuses on facilitating reproductive freedom in the Midwest and the South. Founded by Julie Burkhart in memory of her dear friend and mentor, the late Dr. George Tiller, Trust Women seeks to honor his life’s work by bringing direct services to the middle of the country, as well as addressing issues of access with a reproductive justice perspective through opening sliding scale reproductive health clinics, educational and community outreach, as well as political advocacy.We are seeking motivated, take-charge interns who aren’t afraid to take the reins and make their own path. To become a Trust Women intern, applicants must be hard-working and dedicated, with a passion for reproductive justice and openness to learning. In turn, interns will be provided with the opportunity to make a lasting impact an organization that is making historical gains in an area of the country in need of innovative and adventurous organizing. (We also provide class credit!)