Digital Analytics Manager
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Digital Analytics Manager to join our Digital team. EMILY’s List has raised over $600 million to elect pro-choice Democratic women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 150 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,100 women to state and local office. Nearly 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. During the historic 2017-2018 cycle, EMILY’s List raised a record-breaking $110 million dollars and launched a record independent expenditure campaign. We helped elect 34 new women to the House, including 24 red-to-blue victories; enough seats to have delivered the U.S. House majority alone. Since the 2016 election, more than 40,000 women have reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state and national offices.
The Digital Department is responsible for engaging and growing the EMILY’s List community and providing online resources for EMILY’s List candidates. The department works closely with the Campaigns, Training, Development, and Communications teams to ensure our online program advances the organization’s fundraising, messaging, and electoral priorities.
The Digital Analytics Manager works as the primary data expert within the digital team, ensuring the team makes data-driven decisions, especially in regards to email fundraising, online ad buys, and website optimization. As a part of the digital team, the Digital Analytics Manager fulfills a key role in furthering EMILY’s List’s mission of electing pro-choice Democratic women across the country.
· Provide daily fundraising updates and identify effective fundraising strategies;
· Brainstorm, prioritize, execute, and analyze the results of A/B tests for email and website optimizations;
· Work with our ad buyers to track short and long-term ROI;
· Provide and update personalized datasets for email content;
· Work with our social media manager to analyze and report on social metrics;
· Work with colleagues across the organization, including the EMILY’s List Data and Tech team, to ensure best practices are followed as digital data is incorporated into analytical products and other databases;
· Troubleshoot data quality issues as they arise;
· Other ad hoc analysis and responsibilities as assigned.
We’re looking for candidates who have a passion for data and digital fundraising and want to help elect more pro-choice Democratic women than ever before.
Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of experience in digital analytics, data analysis, data science or related fields. Applicants must have strong SQL and Microsoft Excel skills, experience with statistical software and the ability to analyze results of A/B tests, and experience with email tools like Blue State Digital or other databases like Raiser’s Edge.
· Ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment;
· Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience;
· Ability to pick up skills on the fly—teammates will look to you for
help with unfamiliar tools;
· Experience with website tracking tools like Optimizely and/or Google Analytics preferred but not required.
Candidates should work well under deadline and understand that the internet isn’t a 9 to 6 kind of job. Must have a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff and the commitment and passion to elect pro-choice Democratic women.
EMILY’s List offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. The salary range for this position is $56,000 to $70,000 depending on experience.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject line including your name and the job title. No calls, please.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.