Reports To: Director of Digital Strategy
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state, and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment is rooted in our commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Communities of color are disproportionately impacted by climate change and pollution. For this reason, racial justice and equity are inextricably linked to protecting our environment. Within the organization, we are actively building a workplace culture that demonstrates how we value equity and inclusion through more intentional and inclusive practices. We are committed to building an organization that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
LCV is seeking a Digital Marketing Coordinator to help oversee LCV’s advertising program and grow our online community, with an emphasis on building a more racially diverse and engaged community. The Digital Marketing Coordinator will join a hard-working, skilled, and growing Membership & Online Engagement Department. The Digital Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Digital Strategy and Associate Digital Campaigns Manager to craft LCV’s advertising and lead-generation strategies, create compelling content and lift LCV’s brand. Primary goals include expanding LCV’s email marketing and social media audience, diversifying LCV’s online network, creating and implementing digital advertising campaigns, managing relationships with vendors, engaging supporters on local and national campaigns, lifting up the LCV brand in the digital space, and working to help elect pro-environment candidates. This is an excellent opportunity for an integrative thinker and to be a part of an innovative and dynamic team that runs groundbreaking online campaigns to promote environmental policies and candidates.
● Write compelling advertising content and direct creative to move people to take action on a variety of urgent environmental issues.
● Assist in identifying creative campaign opportunities to engage and mobilize LCV’s activist base online.
● Serve as primary point of contact at LCV for all data-sharing collaborations with our state partners and other allied organizations and lead the entire process from start to finish.
● Manage and serve as the primary driver of paid email acquisition campaigns including advertising on social media networks and collaborating with vendors such as DailyKos and Care2.
● Lead tracking and reporting to measure the success of online campaigns.
● Manage budget for list acquisition.
● Explore and manage new forms of paid and organic list acquisition, including driving traffic to lcv.org.
● Guide the development and management of a subscriber onboarding program for new members and assist with general email list maintenance and health.
● Actively apply a racial justice and equity lens to all LCV online communications with an increased emphasis on member education of issues, environmental or otherwise.
● Explore new opportunities to build a more racially diverse online community.
● Find ways to support and lift LCV’s brand in the digital space.
● Work Experience: At least 2 years of professional experience in paid media, online advocacy, digital marketing, email advocacy, or new media, preferably in a nonprofit, political organization, or campaign environment. Experience writing, creating, and/or curating compelling content. Experience crafting digital campaigns with a goal of lead generation both organically and through paid advertisements on a wide variety of platforms. Experience managing budgets and using data driven methods to track the long term success of campaigns. Experience partnering with allied groups to form collaborative efforts and moments to drive action and build supporters lists preferred. Experience with SEM, eCRM, database, SEO, or analytic experience preferred.
● Skills: Forward thinking, innovative and creative mindset that is ready to push LCV and the environmental movement to build a stronger base of diverse online supporters; excellent communicator and copywriter with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions; experience with photography and videography a plus; able to work independently and in a fast-paced environment; enthusiastic team player; passionate about the environment and advancing environmental justice. Spanish language skills a plus. Familiarity in Adobe CS programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) preferred.
● Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating racial justice and equity into the work we do, and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
● Conditions: Must be willing and able to work overtime as needed. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line by May 31, 2019. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace.