Digital Organizer, Run to Win Social
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Digital Organizer, Run to Win Social to join our Digital team. EMILY’s List has raised over $600 million to elect pro-choice Democratic women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 150 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,100 women to state and local office. Nearly 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. During the historic 2017-2018 cycle, EMILY’s List raised a record-breaking $110 million dollars and launched a record independent expenditure campaign. We helped elect 34 new women to the House, including 24 red-to-blue victories; enough seats to have delivered the U.S. House majority alone. Since the 2016 election, more than 46,000 women have reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state and national offices. Run to Win is our national recruitment and training program focused on helping pro-choice Democratic women around the country run – and win.
The Digital Department is responsible for engaging and growing the EMILY’s List community and providing online resources for EMILY’s List candidates. The department works closely with the Campaigns, Training, Development, and Communications teams to ensure our online program advances the organization’s fundraising, messaging, and electoral priorities.
The Digital Organizer, Run to Win Social will work with the digital team to write content for and manage a vibrant Facebook community for women who are interested in running for office and those who want to help them run.
· Draft daily content for the Run to Win Facebook group;
· Moderate and answer questions from the Run to Win Facebook community;
· Draft email content for women interested in running for office and EMILY’s List supporters who want to help them run;
· Draft website content and regularly update the Run to Win website;
· Engage supporters with SMS and in-person opportunities to help Run to Win candidates;
· Work with the Digital Organizing Director and EMILY’s List staff to develop regular Q&As, “ask an expert” and other specialized content for the Run to Win community;
· Work closely with the digital team to request graphics, create new Run to Win pages, and coordinate with the broader EMILY’s List email and social programs;
· Produce weekly and monthly Run to Win community engagement reports;
· Serve as lunch hour back-up and break relief for front desk as needed.
· Other projects as assigned.
We’re looking for candidates who have a passion for writing and want to help more pro-choice Democratic women run for office than ever before.
Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of experience drafting engaging online content, preferably in a political, non-profit, or advocacy setting. Additional experience with digital organizing or online community management preferred but not required.
● Strong written communication skills;
● A personable and engaging writing style;
● A strong attention to consistency and detail;
● Ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines;
● Familiarity with constituent management systems such as Blue State Digital, EveryAction, or Action Kit preferred;
● A strong sense of teamwork – we not only work closely as a team but pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service to our organization’s other departments.
Candidates should be able to handle multiple projects at once, work well under deadline, and understand that the Internet isn’t always a 9-to-6 kind of job.
Must have a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff and the commitment and passion to elect pro-choice Democratic women.
This position is in Washington, D.C.
EMILY’s List offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. The salary range for this position is $44,000 to $54,000 depending on experience.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com – subject line including your name and the job title. No calls, please.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.