We’re looking for an energetic and imaginative communicator who is full of creative ideas to advance LGBTQ+ equity through digital organizing. This person will create a vision for OutFront’s online presence and lead its digital campaigns. They will organize people and build power online around campaigns like ending conversion “therapy,” trans justice, and electing pro-equity leaders. This person will be part of OutFront’s Development and Communications Team, but will work closely with many team members across departments.
You will join a dynamic, passionate team making a real difference in the lives of LGBTQ+ people in Minnesota!
Digital Strategy: Develop and execute an ambitious and sophisticated online communications strategy to advance LGBTQ+ issues and narratives, win campaigns, raise money, and build a powerful grassroots movement.
- Set and reach targets and goals for digital organizing.
- Engage with OutFront supporters to advance racial equity, gender justice, and LGBTQ+ liberation.
- Use digital tools to expand and deepen our online base of supporters across the state.
- Cultivate and grow an email list of 30,000+ people from across Minnesota to advance organizational goals and build powerful relationships online.
- Cultivate and grow OutFront Minnesota’s online presence through email, our website, paid promotions and social platforms.
- Vigorously develop digital expertise and implement innovative ideas, staying on top of fast-changing and cutting-edge trends and best practices in the digital field.
Content Creation and Management: Create and curate engaging content (including graphics and short videos) to educate and mobilize OutFront’s supporters, activists, and donors across digital platforms.
- Manage content across social media platforms, email, texting, websites, etc to build meaningful connections with supporters and generate powerful calls to action.
- Support digital communications for various projects and events, including the OutFront Gala, Youth Summit, Lobby Day, and Pride.
- Engage with and respond to OutFront supporters on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Write, edit and send emails to OutFront’s email list of 30,000+ supporters.
- Create graphics for social media, web, email, and other digital platforms.
- Create and edit online action pages (petitions, event sign-ups, etc).
- Adjust content to respond to breaking news when needed.
Facilitate Collaboration Across Departments: Work with all staff to integrate digital strategies with on-the-ground campaigns.
- Solicit feedback and ideas for content from all OutFront staff.
- Provide training and leadership for OutFront staff and volunteers to use digital tools in powerful ways.
- Manage communications calendar across departments.
Analytics: Analyze the performance of digital communications (ads, emails, and text messages) with regular tracking and reporting. Adjust content and strategies accordingly.
- Create and run A/B tests for emails, ads, and text messages as appropriate.
Other: Help staff events and other tasks assigned as needed.
- Motivated to work for LGBTQ+ equity and passion for digital organizing.
- Excellent written communication skills. Highly skilled at copywriting and editing.
- Well-rounded, creative type with a talent for communicating online.
- Proven graphic design skills.
- Extensive knowledge of current trends in digital organizing and communications. Proven track record utilizing social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
- An open-minded approach and willingness to continually learn new technologies, strategies, and tactics related to the rapidly changing field of digital organizing.
- Ability to analyze data and apply results to improve outcomes.
- Flexibility with work schedule and ability to work quickly and accurately to keep pace with the 24-hour news cycle.
- Outstanding planning, organizational and time management skills, able to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Good attention to detail and follow-up.
- Willing to take ownership of projects and work independently.
- Strong team player and ability to build relationships across difference.
- Efficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (or similar programs), MS Office and Google Suite.
- Some professional experience in field or online organizing, political campaigns and/or public relations and marketing.
- Demonstrated video editing skills.
- Coding experience.
- Experience with EveryAction and ThruText (or other peer to peer text messaging programs).
About OutFront Minnesota
OutFront Minnesota is the largest LGBTQ+ civil rights organization in Minnesota. OutFront’s mission is to create a state where LGBTQ+ people are free to be who they are, love who they love, and live without fear of violence, harassment, or discrimination. OutFront is leading Minnesota toward LGBTQ+ equity through a combination of public policy, legal and individual advocacy, and education.