Direct Marketing Assistant
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Direct Marking Assistant to join our Development team. EMILY’s List has raised over $600 million to elect pro-choice Democratic women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 150 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,100 women to state and local office. Nearly 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. During the historic 2017-2018 cycle, EMILY’s List raised a record-breaking $110 million dollars and launched a record independent expenditure campaign. We helped elect 34 new women to the House, including 24 red-to-blue victories; enough seats to have delivered the U.S. House majority alone. Since the 2016 election, more than 46,000 women have reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state and national offices.
The Direct Marketing Assistant works closely with the Direct Marketing Manager to assist with and manage the production of all printed marketing and fundraising materials for EMILY’s List. The Marketing Assistant contributes to the success of the direct marketing and telemarketing programs and periodically provides administrative support to the Development Department and other EMILY’s List departments.
● Manage the scheduling and production of EMILY’s List’s robust direct mail and telemarketing programs with outside consultants and vendors;
● Begin the copy editing and proofing process for all marketing materials;
● Oversee mail and telemarketing copy through internal staff review;
● Plan and maintain the schedules for the Marketing Department;
● Help draft copy for the quarterly newsletter, candidate profiles, and other miscellaneous projects;
● Stay up to date on EMILY’s List endorsements and political news to inform accurate copy editing;
● Help generate and maintain the digital tools the Marketing Department uses to reach donors;
● Create, track, and replenish all in-house stationery and production needs throughout the organization;
● Complete invoices for billing and maintain expense sheets for all marketing and production projects;
● Hire and manage Marketing Department interns;
● Serve as lunch hour and break phone relief for front desk as scheduled or requested;
● Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must be incredibly organized; able to work both independently and on a team; able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; and show excellent attention to detail. Must be a strong writer, editor, and proofreader. Experience with Word and Excel necessary. Some writing and editing experience preferred. An interest in electing pro-choice Democratic women required.
EMILY’s List offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject line including your name and the job title. No calls, please.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.