This position oversees the operations of the Infection Control Departments. Plans, directs and coordinates all operational activities for areas of responsibility. Develops policies and procedures as well as the quality improvement programs for areas of responsibility. Develops the capital and operating budgets in areas of responsibility. Ensures areas of responsibility are appropriately staffed by hiring and retaining competent staff. Performs additional duties as assigned.
Responsible for development and enforcement of policies and procedures that ensure quality patient care. Responsible for ensuring adequate Human Resources are available in areas of responsibility. Responsible for maintaining acceptable turnover in areas of responsibility. Ensures operations run within budgetary guidelines. Responsible for positive employee engagement and appropriate communication with staff. Responsible for quality and performance improvement activities in department and multidisciplinary. Responsible for positive customer satisfaction results. responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and guidelines as set by federal, state, local and other agencies (i.e, JCAHO, Medicare, CMS). Facilitates positive productive relationships with physicians.
- B.A. / B.S. required
- M.S.N preferred
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required
- Current California Registered Nurse License required
- CIC preferred Experience
- 2 years full time current acute care experience required.
- 3 years of current experience in quality, risk management or related experience in acute care hospital setting required.
- 7-9 years of progressive hospital/nursing management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Evidence of experience which defines competency in Infection Control, hospital and healthcare management.
- Evidence of experience in successful administration and leadership of organizational management programs.
- Infection Control experience preferred.