EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for an Email Coordinator to join our Digital team. EMILY’s List has raised over $600 million to elect pro-choice Democratic women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 150 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,100 women to state and local office. Nearly 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. During the historic 2017-2018 cycle, EMILY’s List raised a record-breaking $110 million dollars and launched a record independent expenditure campaign. We helped elect 34 new women to the House, including 24 red-to-blue victories; enough seats to have delivered the U.S. House majority alone. Since the 2016 election, more than 40,000 women have reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state and national offices.
The Digital Department is responsible for engaging and growing the EMILY’s List community and providing online resources for EMILY’s List candidates. The department works closely with the Campaigns, Training, Development, and Communications teams to ensure our online program advances the organization’s fundraising, messaging, and electoral priorities.
The Email Coordinator will work alongside digital team members to create sharp, thoughtful, and engaging email content. They will be responsible for the drafting, editing, and sending of fundraising emails and helping develop and execute both long and short-term content testing.
● Draft email content that is creative, timely, and inspiring;
● Manage the email production process for your assigned emails from start to finish, including drafting, editing, running approvals, set up, segmentation, and testing;
● Help brainstorm new email angles and testing strategies, as well as creative content for our other digital channels;
● Help create an optimized user experience every step of the way, including drafting, testing, and optimizing landing pages;
● Other projects as assigned.
We’re looking for candidates who have a passion for email writing and digital fundraising and want to help elect more pro-choice Democratic women than ever before. Creativity, outstanding writing skills, and a respect for our community members are all required for this role.
Candidates should have at least one year of email writing experience in a political, nonprofit, or advocacy setting.
● A basic understanding of email fundraising best practices;
● Strong writing skills, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt writing style to multiple voices;
● Ability to recognize a great news hook and share it with supporters in a way that fits within our candidates’ narratives and the greater political landscape;
● The ability to act quickly in rapid response situations;
● Politically savvy with a keen eye on current events;
● A strong sense of teamwork – we not only work closely as a team, but also pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service to our organization’s other departments.
Bonus points for:
● Political campaign experience;
● Basic HTML and CSS knowledge;
● Experience working with a CRM or mailer like Blue State Digital, EveryAction, ActionKit, or Salsa.
Candidates should be able to handle multiple projects at once, work well under deadline, and understand that digital isn’t a 9-to-6 kind of job. Evening and weekend work will be expected
on an as-needed basis, especially during key fundraising deadlines. Must have a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff and the commitment and passion to elect pro-choice Democratic women.
EMILY’s List offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. The salary range for this position is $44,000 to $54,000 depending on experience.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com – include your name and the job title in the subject line. No calls, please.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.