EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for an Email Director to join our Digital team. EMILY’s List has raised over $600 million to elect pro-choice Democratic women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 150 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,100 women to state and local office. Nearly 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. During the historic 2017-2018 cycle, EMILY’s List raised a record-breaking $110 million and launched a record independent expenditure campaign. We helped elect 34 new women to the House, including 24 red-to-blue victories; enough seats to have delivered the U.S. House majority alone. Since the 2016 election, more than 50,000 women have reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state and national offices.
The Digital Department is responsible for engaging and growing the EMILY’s List community and providing online resources for EMILY’s List candidates. The department works closely with the Campaigns, Training, Development, and Communications teams to ensure our online program advances the organization’s fundraising, messaging, and electoral priorities.
The Email Director will be responsible for running our email program — planning, drafting, and executing grassroots email campaigns using fundraising, advocacy, and organizing tactics to engage our community in the fight to elect pro-choice Democratic women candidates.
· Work with the VP of Digital and content team to run our email program—from planning to execution;
· Manage the workflow of email writers/producers;
· Create, populate, and manage the email calendar;
· Draft creative emails based on fundraising and advocacy best practices;
· Peer edit your teammates’ writing;
· Set up emails and email landing pages;
· Proofread and checklist the emails and landing pages set up by your peers;
· Work with the VP of Digital, Deputy Digital Director, and the Digital team to identify opportunities for online growth and engagement across channels;
· Conduct, analyze, and share findings of regular testing to identify the most effective strategies and messages;
· Ensure content on all online properties is up to date and relevant;
· Stay up-to-date on cutting-edge technology and innovation within the field;
· Other projects as assigned.
We’re looking for candidates who have a passion for email writing and digital fundraising and who want to help elect more pro-choice Democratic women than ever before.
Creativity, outstanding writing skills, and a respect for our community members are all required for this role.
Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience contributing to or managing a fundraising-based email program, preferably in a campaign, political, or non-profit organization.
· Expert knowledge of online fundraising and email best practices;
· Strong email writing and editing skills;
· Advanced knowledge in using eCRM technology with a preference for knowledge of BSD tools;
· Adept in writing and editing HTML;
· Management experience highly preferred.
Candidates should be able to handle multiple projects at once, work well under deadline, and understand that digital isn’t a 9 to 6 kind of job. Evening and weekend work will be expected on an as-needed basis, especially during key fundraising deadlines. Must have a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff and the commitment and passion to elect pro-choice Democratic women.
EMILY’s List offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $90,000 depending on experience.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – include your name and the job title in the subject line. No calls, please.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.