EQUALITY FOR WOMEN & GIRLS
The Summit Foundation is a private family foundation founded in 1991 and located in Washington, DC.The Foundation advances its mission to create a world where people can thrive and nature can flourish by making grants in three main program areas: Equality for Women and Girls, Sustainable Cities, and the Mesoamerican Reef.
The Equality for Women and Girls (EWG) Program
The EWG Program seeks to achieve gender equality for marginalized women and girls by transforming their social, reproductive and economic lives. Most of our current grant support is focused in Central America and Quintana Roo, Mexico. We seek out innovative models and invest in young leaders and their projects, as well as broader initiatives to advance gender equality and expand sexual and reproductive health, rights and justice. We also support a few projects that advance youth leadership and momentum on these issues in Latin America and globally.
The Program Associate supports the Program Director in working to meet program goals. Program goals are advanced through grantmaking activity and through the foundation’s direct engagement in appropriate initiatives and fora. The Program Associate provides essential strategic and administrative support for the efficient and effective operation of the program and its functions within the larger foundation. This is a full-time position based in the foundation’s offices in Washington, DC.
The Associate reportstotheEWG Program Director and interacts with the Director of Grants Management and the Chief Financial Officer in the fulfillment of due diligence during grant review, processing, and reporting. The Associate also works closely with the staff of the other two programs (Mesoamerican Reef and Sustainable Cities) and with the Office Manager to help ensure the smooth operations of the office.
Selected Key Responsibilities
· Works closely with the EWG Programandthe GrantsManagement directors to support the grantmaking process,including communicating with currentor prospectivegrantees andreviewingand refining grant applications
· Maintains the EWG grants calendar and pipeline and tracks the grantmaking budget
· Assists in preparing grant materials for internal review and ensuring timely completion of documents associated with approved grants, including grant contracts and reporting templates
· Conducts initial review of grantee reports and helps assess grantee and project progress
· Helps articulate, test and refine the program’s strategy, including identifying key program assumptions, gaps, and opportunities for increased program effectiveness
· Helps identify and assess opportunities to increase program leverage or impact, including potential funding partnerships and external engagements (e.g., meetings, conferences)
· Monitors developments in fields of relevance to the EWG Program, assesses their potential implications for the program, and researches specific topics or issues as guided by the director
· Generates programmatic content, including for the foundation’s website
· Participates in conference calls, webinars and other virtual meetings on program matters, and when requested, represents the foundation at external events
· Helps manage the Program Director’s workflow and calendar, including planning/logistics for travel, calls and meetings, and assists in managing program correspondence
· Helps to organize and maintain program files and other information, ensuring compliance with the foundation’s document retention policy and other requirements
· Assists during Office Manager’s absence in answering phones, greeting guests, vendor interactions, and other essential office oversight as requested
Qualifications and Attributes
· Master’s degree in a relevant field and two years of relevant non-profit work experience, or equivalent training and experience in the non-profit sector in an area closely related to the program’s focus
· Direct experience working in or in partnership with civil society organizations based or operating in Central/Latin America highly valued
· Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask and meet deadlines
· Highly articulate communicator, with demonstrated excellence inoral and written domains
· Track record of working successfully with people of different cultures, experiences, perspectives and priorities
· Outstanding analytical and strategic planning skills in a relevant field
· Abilitytorepresent Summitwithprofessionalism,discretionand diplomacy and to speak with credibility and authority on the EWG Program and its work
· Ability and interest to travel internationally and in the U.S. as requested
· Experience in (1) WordPressforwebsitecontentmanagementand othersocial media content-managementsoftware and/or (2) grants management database software (e.g., Foundant, BBGM, Giving Data) and/or (3) Power BI or similar data visualization program highly valued
· Demonstrated understanding of,and commitmentto,Summit’scorevalues,missionandvision,and operatingprinciples
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Summit Foundation provides health benefits and paid vacation time, has 403b and SEP IRA plans, and provides commuter benefits and a flexible spending account for health and dependent care.
Qualified individuals should submit a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.No phone inquiries. The position will remain open until filled.
Summit is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strongly encourage individuals of all cultures, backgrounds, communities, and experiences to apply. Summit considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, matriculation, genetic information, credit information, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by federal or District of Columbia law.