EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Federal and Gubernatorial Campaigns Assistant to join our Campaigns team. EMILY’s List has raised over $600 million to elect pro-choice Democratic women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 150 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,100 women to state and local office. Nearly 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. During the historic 2017-2018 cycle, EMILY’s List raised a record-breaking $110 million dollars and launched a record independent expenditure campaign. We helped elect 34 new women to the House, including 24 red-to-blue victories; enough seats to have delivered the U.S. House majority alone. Since the 2016 election, more than 40,000 women have reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state and national offices.
The Campaigns Assistant assists the Sr. Director in various projects to enhance the service we provide to our campaigns and facilitate communication throughout the organization.
· Planning and maintaining the schedule for the Sr. Director of Federal & Gubernatorial Campaigns;
· Assist the Director of Campaign Services with internal scheduling processes
· Organize and maintain reports and memos for the Federal & Gubernatorial team;
· Assist in maintaining accurate records of critical campaign information in consultation with Sr. Director and Federal Campaigns team;
· Coordinating resources, such as targeting and polling information, for the Campaigns Department;
· Coordinate and track candidate contributions;
- Oversee logistical support for Federal candidates when they are in DC and in the office;
- Work with department assistants to jointly manage and prioritize projects for Federal & Gubernatorial interns;
- Coordinate Federal & Gubernatorial Meetings with Sr. Directors;
· Providing administrative assistance to the Campaigns Department staff as needed;
- Serve as lunch hour back-up and break relief for front desk as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Campaigns Assistant must be organized and possess strong verbal and written communications skills. The Campaigns Assistant should be able to work with a wide variety of people and able to prioritize and handle a variety of projects. Professional demeanor and appearance required. Campaign or other electoral experience is a plus. Commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff required. Commitment and passion to elect Pro-Choice Democratic Women required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
EMILY’s List offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com – subject line including your name and the job title. No calls, please.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.