EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for an Assistant to join our Federal & Gubernatorial Campaigns team. EMILY’s List has raised over $500 million to support pro-choice Democratic women candidates – making them one of the most successful political organizations ever. Our grassroots community of over five million members helps Democratic women wage competitive campaigns – and win. We recruit and train candidates, support strong campaigns, research the issues that impact women and families, and turn out women voters. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 116 women to the House, 23 to the Senate, 12 governors, and over 800 to state and local office. Forty percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Since the 2016 election, thousands of women and counting have reached out to us about running for office. To harness this energy, EMILY’s List has launched Run to Win, an unprecedented effort to help more women run and win at the local, state, and national levels.
The Campaigns Assistant assists the Sr. Directors in various projects to enhance the service we provide to our campaigns and facilitate communication throughout the organization.
· Planning and maintaining the schedule for the Sr. Director of Federal & Gubernatorial Campaigns;
· Planning and maintaining the schedule for the Sr. Director of Candidate Fundraising
· Organize and maintain reports and memos for the Federal & Gubernatorial team;
· Assist in maintaining accurate records of critical campaign information in consultation with Sr. Director and Federal Campaigns team;
· Coordinating resources, such as targeting and polling information, for the Campaigns Department;
· Coordinate and track candidate contributions;
· Oversee logistical support for Federal candidates when they are in DC and in the office;
· Work with department assistants to jointly manage and prioritize projects for Federal & Gubernatorial interns;
· Coordinate Federal & Gubernatorial Meetings with Sr. Directors;
· Providing administrative assistance to the Campaigns Department staff as needed;
· Serve as lunch hour back-up and break relief for front desk as needed;
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The Campaigns Assistant must be organized and possess strong verbal and written communications skills. The Campaigns Assistant should be able to work with a wide variety of people and able to prioritize and handle a variety of projects. Professional demeanor and appearance required. Campaign or other electoral experience is a plus. Commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff required. Commitment and passion to elect Pro-Choice Democratic Women required.
EMILY’s List offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com – subject line including your name and the job title. No calls, please.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.