The Texas Democratic Party is hiring Field Organizers to energize and empower local communities to deliver Democratic victories up and down the ticket and to make history across the state in 2020. Ideal candidates are highly organized, team players and self-starters with proven ability to achieve goals and perform under pressure.
- Recruit, train and build relationships with volunteers
- Register voters and coach and support volunteers to do the same
- Plan and manage volunteer facing and large scale events
- Meet daily and weekly voter contact and volunteer recruitment goals
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with local partner organizations and elected officials
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Experience working or volunteering on political campaigns preferred but not required
- Ability to lead and instruct a team of volunteers
- Excellent listening skills and ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone
- Experience in setting goals and achieving measurable results, managing teams, and coordinating between multiple stakeholders
- Good sense of humor and ability to adapt to a fast-paced, frequently changing work environment
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and meet established deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and dedication to working with people in the general public
This position is full time and cycle only. Applicants must have a reliable laptop, cell phone, and vehicle. Applicants must also be comfortable working long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends, and have an understanding that campaigns are never a 9-5 job.