Women Make Movies seeks a Finance and Administrative Manager with exceptional administrative, management, and organizational leadership skills. The Finance and Administrative Manager is responsible for the overall financial management of the organization, human resources, and general office administration including facilities and IT (thru vendor). The Finance and Administrative Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and her staff to ensure that strong financial, human resource and operational systems are in place and to build and grow systems to support organizational development. The ideal candidate for this position has significant experience in non-profit management, but is knowledgeable of business or earned income practices, communications, and problem solving, the ability to work in a busy, collaborative environment, and the judgment to make sound decisions.
Financial planning and budget management:
- Supervise the Finance and Office Coordinator in all accounting and bookkeeping functions of the organization, including AP/AR, wires and ACH’s, Credit card management, reconciliations,
- Oversee the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements and reports for use by management and Board;
- Work on annual budget preparation process in collaboration with the Executive Director;
- Work on grant reports to funders
- Financial oversight of the organizations $20 million fiscal sponsorship program.
- Supervise the maintenance of financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reporting;
Human resources and benefits administration:
- Manage Human Resources by implementing HR policies and processes, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, payroll, compensation and benefits, performance evaluations, disciplinary procedures, training and professional development and exiting processes;
- Serve as resource to staff on human resource and benefit issues;
- Build an environment of openness, with attention to staff needs and development;
- Supervise payroll preparation;
- Ensure compliance with all legal human resources requirements;
- Manage WMM’s benefits programs including COBRA notifications and enrollments; issue statutory and mandatory notices;
- Maintain confidential and complete employee files.
IT, Operations and other administration:
- Responsible for facilities, office equipment, front office operations
- Supervise office coordinator duties including billings, record keeping, filing, vendor relationships, and general office support and maintenance
- Supervise, mentor, and support staff professional development
- Manage WMM’s internship program
- Serve as an internal leader, modeling organizational culture and professionalism
- Responsible for all IT, working with an external vendor and IT consultants, Work with the Executive Director and outsides consultants on expansion and refinement of WMM’s technology needs, including a new website.
- Maintains and manages relationships with landlord, tenants, outside consultants and vendors;
- Manage in-house information systems to include essential operational information, such as account usernames and passwords, keeping operational procedures and manuals up-to-date, keeping operations calendar, keeping organizational and corporate files, etc.
- Insurance and risk management
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Other Requirements:
- 5 + years of progressive, management-level responsibility in a non-profit organization or a for profit film organization. Women’s or arts organization a plus
- Excellent financial, budgeting, and operations management skills; knowledge of Quick Books and standard accounting practices
- Proven experience in program or institutional management
- Prior Salesforce experience is a big plus
- Experience with IT; ability to design and implement organizational systems using available technology
- Ability to prioritize and problem-solve while handling multiple tasks, supervising, and managing the work of others
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility, professionalism, and a positive attitude
- Sense of humor appreciated
- Commitment to feminism and feminist office practices
Excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, long term disability, generous retirement plan, vacation, and paid holidays.Women Make Movies is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women of color, LGBTQI, and older women to apply.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
About Women Make Movies
Women Make Movies, a non-profit media organization based in NY, is the leading distributor of films by and about women in North America. Founded in 1972, WMM is a pioneering, feminist, social enterprise with a 90% earned income revenue stream. Our Production Assistance Program assists women directors with their productions from concept through completion with fiscal sponsorship, consultations and other technical assistance. From cutting-edge documentaries that give depth to today’s headlines to smart, stunning films that push artistic and intellectual boundaries in all genres, we work with creative, ground-breaking films which win awards at festivals around the world. Each year for the last twelve of thirteen years, films from WMM have been nominated or won Academy Awards®.