Finance and Compliance Assistant
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Finance and Compliance Assistant to join our Finance & Compliance team. EMILY’s List has raised over $600 million to elect pro-choice Democratic women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 150 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,100 women to state and local office. Nearly 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. During the historic 2017-2018 cycle, EMILY’s List raised a record-breaking $110 million and launched a record independent expenditure campaign. We helped elect 34 new women to the House, including 24 red-to-blue victories; enough seats to have delivered the U.S. House majority alone. Since the 2016 election, more than 50,000 women have reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state and national offices.
The EMILY’s List Finance and Compliance Assistant assists the administrative department with financial and compliance processes.
- Process and deposit all in-house contributions daily;
- Work with caging company and Development Department to ensure proper check processing;
- Import daily contribution data when needed;
- Prepare and send out return letters for donations that cannot be accepted;
- Prepare daily deposit logs to distribute to EMILY’s List staff;
- Prepare weekly deposit logs to distribute to recommended campaigns;
- Process candidate contributions as necessary;
- Assist in the preparation of weekly data files to all recommended campaigns as necessary;
- Prepare and distribute employee bills on a monthly basis;
- Manage the distribution of monthly credit card statements;
- Maintain contract folder and ensure contracts are up to date;
- Assist in preparation of federal and state election reports as needed;
- Manage legal counsel office hours and keep track of internal requests;
- Manage Executive/Admin Office Intern(s);
- Serve as lunch hour back-up and break relief for front desk as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented and proficient in Excel. Working knowledge of relational databases preferred by not required. Candidates must have a strong commitment to electing pro-choice Democratic women as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
EMILY’s List offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com – subject line including your name and the job title. No calls, please.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.