Century Engineering – New Cumberland, PA Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century is seeking responsible candidates for highway and drainage design for transportation projects under the guidance of an experienced project manager. Candidates will assist in maintaining existing and building new client relationships.
The successful candidate is expected to perform engineering tasks in the transportation and highway engineering field through application of relevant design criteria, standards and processes. The candidate will be expected to work on multiple design projects and assist in the preparation of engineering documents for advertisement and construction and construction cost estimates.
- BSCE from ABET accredited engineering program.
- PE required (PA License Preferred)
- Apply job specific quality control tasks as defined in a quality control handbook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, MicroStation and Inroads or GEOPAK is desired.
- Experience with project delivery of State Agency Transportation Departments.
- Experience with project delivery of PennDOT and the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission projects preferred.
- Familiarity with environmental permitting requirements and procedures.
- Familiarity with traffic engineering aspects, such as traffic studies, crash studies, traffic signal plans, signing and pavement marking plans, and traffic control plans.
- General knowledge of highway construction methods, and ability to manage the preparation of pre-bid construction schedules and pre-bid construction cost estimates.
- Ability to manage others and facilitate teamwork.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and monitor design schedules and budgets.
- 4 to 8 years of design experience in the highway transportation field.
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact email@example.com or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.