Century Engineering – New Cumberland, PA Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century is seeking a motivated individual who desires increasing responsibilities in managing projects and business development in Century’s New Cumberland office location. The successful candidate will be expected to: manage multiple highway and transportation design projects and develop project schedules and budgets; supervise design staff and provide quality assurance for meeting design criteria and regulatory requirements; assist in development of Statements of Interest, Technical Proposals and Presentations; and be responsible for coordination with clients, subconsultants, other government and regulatory agencies.
- Candidates must be capable of working on multiple projects in a fast-paced team oriented environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
- A working knowledge of Federal, State and local jurisdiction permitting regulations is required.
- Experience with project delivery of State Agency Transportation Departments.
- Experience with project delivery of PennDOT and the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission projects preferred.
- Applicant must have a general understanding of design and plan preparation using GEOPAK and/or Microstation V8i and be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with environmental permitting requirements and procedures.
- Familiarity with traffic engineering aspects, such as traffic studies, crash studies, traffic signal plans, signing and pavement marking plans, and traffic control plans.
- General knowledge of highway construction methods and ability to manage the preparation of pre-bid construction schedules and pre-bid construction cost estimates.
- Ability to manage others and facilitate teamwork.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and monitor design schedules and budgets.
- Job requires 8-15 years of experience in highway and transportation design.
- BSCE from ABET accredited engineering program.
- EIT required with ability to obtain PE License (PA License preferred).
- Business Development experience.
- Experience with Eastern Pennsylvania Counties and Municipalities a plus.
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact email@example.com or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.