Century Engineering – Hunt Valley, MD Office
Century Engineering is currently looking for experienced Highway and Bridge Construction Inspectors to perform inspection tasks on Maryland State Highway related projects in District 7 (Howard, Carroll and Frederick Counties). MD SHA Transportation Engineering Technician (TET) experience is preferred. Applicant must be responsible, highly motivated, and a detail oriented individual interested in joining our Construction Inspection Division. Night-time and/or weekend work may be required. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ highway construction experience;
- MARTCP certifications required NICET and/or other project relevant certification and experience a plus;
- SHA Yellow Card and MDE Responsible Person Certificates for Erosion and Sediment Control are required;
- Knowledge in principles and techniques of highway engineering and surveying;
- Knowledge of construction materials (concrete, soils and aggregates, hot mix asphalt);
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and understand construction specifications, engineering tables and reference materials;
- Basic math skills including ability to measure and record linear measurements and to compute volume and area for basic geometric shapes (triangle, square, rectangle, trapezoid, cylinder, circle), density, weight, etc;
- Familiarity with/use of PC-based computer systems;
- Good organizational skills;
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend and speak English fluently;
- Current/valid State Driver’s License and reliable transportation;
- High School Diploma; College Diploma and or valid transcripts are required;
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements for employment;
- The following PENNDOT certifications are also a plus: NECEPT Pavement Technology Certification, Certified Concrete Field Testing Technician, ADA Curb Cut Ramps, Introduction to Documentation Procedures, NECEPT Bituminous Field Technician;
- The following VDOT Certifications are also a plus: Asphalt Field Level 1 and Level 2, Asphalt Plant Level 1 and Level 2, Asphalt Plant Mix Design/Aggregate Properties, Slurry Surfacing and Surface Treatment;
- Soils & Aggregates Compaction, Concrete Field, Concrete Plant, Central Mix Aggregate Plant, and Pavement Marking.
Century offers an excellent benefits program, 401k, paid holidays/vacation and an outstanding work environment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.