JOB DESCRIPTION – INTERN
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee (PCCC) is hiring interns. This is a part-time, temporary position. The intern will be a member of the Operations team, but their work will intersect across many departments including Press, Electoral, Campaigns, and more!
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven, ambitious person to get their feet wet in the online organizing space and learn the core mission and programmatic work of a leading organization in the progressive field.
Hours will be divided amongst the org’s two interns to fulfill early hours (8 AM EST – 2 PM EST) and later hours (11 AM EST – 6 PM EST) in order to reflect the changing nature of the work and our organization’s needs.
- Work to push big, Elizabeth Warren-style ideas on the national stage.
- Assist with grassroots and programmatic logistics, including database maintenance and rapid response research and data needs.
- Provide background research for content: may include briefings, reports, donor research, press releases, pitches, and other materials.
- Be at the forefront of the fight by helping our Electoral, Organizing, and Legislative teams in research, planning, and strategy to elect bold progressives 2018 and beyond.
- Occasionally facilitate and take notes at meetings.
- While not required, if the intern is located in DC, there will be in-person meetings, errands, or other logistics to assist on the ground.
- Assisting with additional administrative and organizational support and other tasks as assigned.
- Detail-oriented, professional, proactive, and responsive
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
- Problem solvers who don’t just see issues, but envision creative solutions
- Background in progressive politics or causes.
Salary and Hiring
The positions are paid $15 hourly and expected to be 20 – 30 hours per week. Hours will not exceed 30 per week.
Our team is virtual, with staff around the country.
About Progressive Change Campaign Committee
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, or disability status.The Progressive Change Campaign Committee (BoldProgressives.org) is a million member grassroots organization building power at the local, state and federal levels. It engages in electoral work and issue advocacy work -- fighting on democracy issues and for economic populist priorities like expanding Social Security, debt-free college, and Wall Street reform. Senator Elizabeth Warren said: "PCCC members were with me since the beginning -- even before there was a beginning! Now, we have lots of work to do together." The PCCC has raised over $22 million in grassroots donations for its electoral and advocacy work -- and directly for progressive candidates and committees. It has also trained hundreds of state and local candidates and elected dozens of bold progressives to Congress.