Intern or Volunteer with Changing The Present to Help Veterans and Make a Difference!
About Changing The Present
The New York Times called us an “Amazon.com of the nonprofit world.”
ChangingThePresent.org is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We help channel to nonprofits some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year on birthday, holiday, and other gifts. We do that by making the experience of a donation, given in a friend’s name, feel like a great gift and a meaningful alternative to buying yet more “stuff.” That involves tangible giving opportunities (preserve an acre of the rain forest, fund an hour of cancer research, etc.), personalized greeting cards, wish lists and registries. Imagine how much good we can do together as more and more people show their love with meaningful donations.
Overview of the Opportunity
- Help us capture for nonprofits some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year buying presents.
- Become a member of our dynamic and creative international team
- Assume real responsibility. No coffee runs here! Be a leader among those who share your commitment to making the world a better place, and do work that matters. We offer an outstanding experience and an opportunity to change the world, but as an emerging nonprofit organization, we have only unpaid positions.
- Work from our Manhattan office (conveniently located right across from Penn Station) or remotely. Full-time or part-time; school-year or summer.
We have an outstanding team and an important mission, so we are highly selective in our hiring. We seek outstanding applicants with a record of accomplishment.
We are recruiting interns and volunteers to focus on the cause of Veterans and capture for veterans’ nonprofits some of the fortune now spent buying traditional presents. Interns and volunteers focused on this cause strategize, research, and reach out to potential advisors; philanthropists, corporations, and foundations for growth funding; nonprofits; and the public, via media, social media, professional associations, student organizations, and celebrities.
Other Internship Opportunities with Changing The Present
Some interns and volunteers focus on their professional or academic skills, such as finance, accounting, Human Resources (HR) and organizational psychology, graphics, communications and Public Relations (PR), marketing, research, social media, and technology.
Because we address every charitable cause, interns and volunteers can focus on their favorites.
We have roles for college students, graduate students, and professionals.
Some of the Causes We Address
We address every cause, including these: African-American, Agriculture, Aging, Animals, Art Education, Arts and Culture, Blindness & Vision, Brazil, Bullying, Cancer, Catholic, Children, China, Christian, Civil Society, Climate Change, Community Health, Computer Literacy, Deafness, Diabetes, Disabilities, Disaster Relief, Domestic Abuse, Early Childhood Education, Environment, Financial Literacy, Gender Equality, Global Health, Global Warming, Health, Higher Education, Hispanic, Hispanic, HIV and AIDS, Housing, Human Rights, Human Trafficking and Slavery, Hunger, India, Jewish, K-12 Education, Latino, Legal Services, LGBTQ, Literacy, Medical Research, Mental Health, Microcredit, Multiple Sclerosis, Native Americans, New York, Peace, Poverty, Public Broadcast, Refugees, Sea And Marine Resources, Sexual Abuse, Special Education, STEM Education, Suicide Prevention, Sustainable Consumption And Production, Sustainable Development Goals, Technology, Veterans, Vocational Education, Water, Women And Girls, Youth Sports.
What We Want Everyone to Get Out of the Experience
These are the things we want every intern and volunteer to get out of the experience:
- Make a big impact in the world.
- Use your skills, knowledge, and creativity.
- Assume responsibility and take a leadership role.
- Learn a tremendous amount in a young, fast-growing organization.
- Work with people from around the world and have a great time.
- Enhance your resume with a record of achievement and community service.
- Get a glowing letter of recommendation.
Learn More and Apply Now
Read more about our internships at:
Then, please send a resume and short cover letter about your specific interests and your available dates/days/hours to: join [AT] ChangingThePresent [DOT] org
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
The New York Times called ChangingThePresent.org “an amazon.com of the nonprofit world” for our role in channeling to nonprofits some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year on birthday, wedding, and holiday presents.