Job Title: Legal Assistant, LAC Bogota
Department: Global Legal Program
Center Background: The Center for Reproductive Rights is a non-profit legal advocacy organization dedicated to advancing reproductive freedom as a fundamental right that all governments are legally obligated to protect, respect, and fulfill. The Center engages in cutting-edge impact litigation, policy analysis, advocacy, research, and public education throughout the world, to achieve women’s equality in society and to ensure that all women have access to appropriate and freely chosen reproductive health services.
The Role: The Center’s LAC Office is looking for an enthusiastic, resourceful and highly organized Assistant with a commitment to reproductive rights issues to engage in a variety of projects related to the Colombia office, located in Bogota.
This position is full time, based in Bogota, beginning July 23, 2018.
Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support such as coordinating international travel arrangements, handling visa applications, scheduling meetings and handling the logistics of program-related events.
- Drafting and monitoring partnership agreements
- Processing and monitoring financial transactions of staff in the United States and in the regional offices, including preparation of reimbursement requests and expense reports.
- Assisting with research, drafting, and preparing materials for publication or submission to formal legal bodies
- Editing, fact-checking, and cite-checking letters, reports, legal submissions, and other institutional publications
- Tracking and incorporating data for the organization’s monitoring and evaluation system and other institutional processes
- Work with the Communications Department to coordinate publication processes
- Reviewing documents in Spanish, translating documents from Spanish to English and vice-versa and corresponding with partners and the Center’s staff members located in headquarters, both in Spanish and English
- Assist with the LAC’s office implementation of Health and Safety System.
- Assist with organizing/ maintaining operations and finance documents.
- Assist Senior Operations & Office Manager with compliance requirements.
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of the Latin-American Program SharePoint site and Bogota office site, uploading required information on time.
- Support the updating of assets list and its tracking.
- Organize the office storage room and publications.
- Support the documentation of procedures and forms.
- Provide administrative support to other members of the LAC team.
- Office Services and Other Responsibilities: meet and greet guests; drafting and mailing of correspondence, sign for packages and mail, answering phones.
- Assist in backing up office services functions as needed (mailroom, kitchen, copying and distribution of documents, conference room scheduling, help desk, filing, etc.)
- Assisting with budgeting and/or planning processes. Keeping track of budget-related and work planning deadlines. Other administrative tasks, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration/Industrial Engineering/Management/other related.
- Preference for at least 1 years’ experience as an assistant in a not-for profit organization.
- 2 or more years of experience in an administrative position.
- Strong commitment to reproductive rights and women’s human rights issues.
- Fluency in Spanish and English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint) and the internet.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication (oral and writing) skills.
- Excellent time-management skills, with attention to detail, accuracy, and pacing.
- Ability to treat all employees with cooperation and respect, consider the perspectives of other departments, and to be helpful in resolving conflicts.
- Willingness to be hands-on and develop knowledge of Operations.
- Ability to handle and keep all confidential matters appropriately.
- Have the capability to multitask and adjust priorities as needed. Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
Critical Position Behaviors:
- Initiative: Effectively responds to pressure or crisis situations and acts professionally, uses resources well, follows through on ideas, assignments and open issues. Must possess a “can-do” and “will-do” attitude.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Ability to adapt to and work effectively y within a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups. Understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change. “Out of the box” thinking is a plus. Flexibility and ability to adapt to shifting duties while maintaining focus and follow-through and the ability to work professionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Energy Level: High energy level and enthusiasm for the position.
- Independent Worker/Thinker: Must have the ability to work independently and in a team setting, with capacity to receive and accept constructive feedback, take initiative, and be pro-active and demonstrate solid problem-solving skills. Team player: Ability to work cooperatively as part of a growing group.
- Confident: Must possess and exhibit a level of confidence in themselves and his/her work but be able to take direction and criticism professionally.
- Results Oriented: Ability to achieve results and complete assignments in a timely manner.
How to Apply:
Please click on the link below to apply. A cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and contact information of three references must be include in your application. It is encouraged to include these application materials as attachments.
Deadline for applications: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they come in and we will not hold the position open for any specific time period. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by June 20th, 2018.
The Center for Reproductive Rights is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage people from all groups and communities to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.