The Texas Democratic Party is currently seeking applications for the newly created LGBTQ+ Constituency Organizer position. The Constituency Organizer will develop and leverage relationships in order to directly support voter contact programs that perform targeted outreach to the LGBTQ+ community across the state. The Constituency Organizer must be a self-starter, team player, and care deeply about the future success of progressive politics in Texas.
- Be an ambassador of the Texas Democratic Party across the state
- Develop and maintain relationships with key local leaders, organizations and volunteers in order to build partnerships that support the Coordinated Campaign organizing efforts
- Recruit, train, and empower volunteers to become leaders and create local teams for voter contact activities to grow the grassroots movement in their communities
- Plan and execute targeted voter registration campaigns and initiatives
- Coordinate with local parties and campaigns to facilitate volunteer trainings
- Other duties as assigned or needed
- Previous experience in campaign, union or constituency organizing preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- High attention to detail
- Energetic and resilient team player who is receptive to feedback and passionate about building a lasting volunteer infrastructure across Texas
The position is full-time. This position requires a cell phone, laptop and transportation. Applicants must also understand that a campaign is never a 9-5 job and be comfortable working long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends.