If you are passionate about joining a team committed to making a difference at such a crucial time in our nation’s history, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is seeking a Manager for Institutional Giving who will manage the proposal development process for federal, corporate, and foundation proposals. The Manager will ensure that proposals comply with funder guidelines and align with organizational strategy and collaborate with leadership and subject matter experts across the organization.
The Manager will secure grants to support LIRS’s core work, including refugee services, children’s services, outreach, and advocacy.
· Manage all stakeholders across departments within the federal or private sector proposal team
· Define and manage resources and timeline for the proposal development process to ensure timely submission and internal accountability.
· Organize intranet portal for proposal management and develop necessary templates and tools for proposal (i.e., narrative and budget templates, compliance matrix, proposal calendar, proposal style guide).
· Assess alignment of project design with the funding opportunity and assure proposal complies with funder specifications; provide materials for final review and submission to the Director for Development.
· Manage the process to ensure collaboration between Finance and Programs staff; identify discrepancies between budget and narrative; shepherd the budget process for final review to the Assistant Director of Development, and the Director for Development as needed.
· Anticipate and plan for new opportunities, including continued funding for existing programs and new grants and prospects; monitor and support organizational planning prior to RFP release.
· Cultivate strong relationships internally and externally.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Undergraduate degree in a relevant field required; minimum 5 years of experience in fundraising and 2 years of experience in developing and managing federal grant proposals and processes at medium to large sized non-profits.
· Graduate degree preferred.
· Ability to write well, self-edit, and convey complex program areas succinctly and accurately.
· Relationship management skills with a demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders across departments
· Commitment to meeting deadlines and strong attention to detail.
· Ability to navigate and collaborate with a diverse workforce.
· Knowledge of data management systems, such as Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and project management software is essential.
· Ability and willingness to travel as needed, up to 20%.
· Commitment to LIRS’s core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.
Headquartered in Baltimore’s beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with a 77-year history, a budget of $58 million per year, and approximately 90 headquarters staff. LIRS offers a generous benefit package and competitive compensation.
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter by COB on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 via http://lirs.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-768763.html. For more information about LIRS, please visit www.lirs.org.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.