JRA is seeking a Marketing and Communication Manager to raise awareness of the organization among target audiences, increase its membership and coordinate external communications, including media outlets. This position will help plan, develop, implement, and monitor all communications and marketing endeavors for the organization. The Marketing & Communications Manager will also be responsible for ensuring a consistent message and brand are communicated through all of JRA’s programs and activities. A successful candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated project management abilities and a personal interest in issues affecting the James River. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, creative, and flexible team player who embraces challenges and works proactively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and execute strategic marketing plan and complete tasks set forth to increase awareness of JRA and assist JRA in achieving its mission and goals.
· Work with Director of Development to manage the organization’s new brand and create clear marketing messages to a variety of audiences.
· Plan, develop, implement, and produce various advertising/outreach materials and content to promote JRA.
· Prepare content for marketing and communication purposes, including event promotion, news releases, email messaging, etc.
· Manage marketing campaigns and special initiatives, including liaising with outside partners and contractors.
· Manage JRA Cause-Marketing partnerships to meet goals for both awareness and fundraising.
· Work closely with our Membership and Digital Marketing Manager to develop and implement targeted social media strategies to increase and build presence.
· Oversee the supply and production of marketing and communication collateral; working with graphics designer, as well as printing companies.
· Design and edit effective Powerpoint presentations (for trainings, sponsor/partner meetings, etc.).
· Ensure that JRA’s new brand is expressed consistently, comprehensively, and with the highest quality.
· Other duties as assigned, including those related to business development.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business, or related field
· Minimum of five years of experience in marketing, communications, public relationships-building skills
· Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication, with effective relationship-building skills
· Excellent writing and copyediting skills
· Superior organizational skills with high level of detail-orientation
· Highly computer savvy with familiarity with graphic design programs
· Positive, collaborative, roll-up-your sleeves, can-do attitude
· Sound judgement, decision-making skills and discretion
· Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Willingness to travel between JRA’s offices– the Marketing and Communications Manager will work out of the organizations office located in Richmond, VA, but will need to travel to our Lynchburg and Williamsburg offices as well.
JRA offers a dynamic and flexible work environment with a generous and comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience. JRA is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, with salary history, by email to email@example.com or by mail to:
JRA Marketing and Communication Manager Search
Attn: Chelsea Tickle
211 Rocketts Way, Suite 200
Richmond, VA 23231
Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. The position will remain open until filled, but interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates starting November 8, 2019. Otherwise, no calls or visits, please.
About James River Association
About the James River Association:Founded in 1976, JRA is the oldest and largest river conservation group in Virginia and the only organization solely dedicated to protecting and restoring the James River. JRA has offices in Richmond, Lynchburg, Williamsburg, and Scottsville, as well as the James River Ecology School on Presquile National Wildlife Refuge. JRA pursues its vision of a fully healthy James River that supports thriving communities by protecting the James River and connecting people to it. We work through four program areas based on a model of individual engagement – awareness, appreciation, action, and advocacy. JRA’s core values are: We are optimistic; We are catalysts; Credibility is our currency; and Community drives everything we do.