Century Engineering – Dover, DE Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our Dover, DE office location. Our MEP Engineering team works together with architects, owners, developers, site development engineers, structural engineers and other team members to provide consultation and to develop project contract documents covering all aspects of facility and site design in both the public and private sectors. This position provides engineering support and will involve completing the design of moderate to complex type projects as well as providing guidance and/or work assignments to designers and technicians. The successful candidate must have experience with the design of building HVAC systems, short- and long-term processing abilities and demonstrate their ability to understand and comply with company, project, contractual requirements, and to provide clear and accurate documentation.
- Perform field investigations to determine existing conditions
- Design all aspects of building mechanical engineering projects, including contract document preparation
- Assist in man-hour estimating
- Draft technical specifications
- Interpret and apply all applicable federal, state and/or local codes
- Complete projects ranging from moderate to high complexity
- Coordinate work with other disciplines
- Exercise a wide degree of independent thought and judgment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineering License in the State of Delaware (Mechanical or Architectural Engineering Discipline)
- Minimum of 5 years applicable experience with HVAC and Plumbing design for new construction and renovation of buildings
- AutoCAD or REVIT experience preferred
- LEED certification a plus
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact email@example.com or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.