PPSAT is hiring a Certified Medical Assistant or Health Care Assistant with excellent customer service and communication skills to work in our Charlottesville,NC health center. CMAs/HCA’s support the flow of clinic by providing excellent customer service to our patients from front desk check-in and check-out to preparing patients for their visit with our medical providers.
We are interested in non-certified and certified candidates that can provide great patient experience!
This is a full-time opportunity, working 31 hours/week.
W-10:00 am-6:00 p.m
TH- 8:00 a.m-4:00 p.m
F-8:00 a.m- 1:00 p.m
S-9:00 a.m-1:00 p.m
Full time employees (working 30 or more hours/week) are eligible for full benefits!
- Assist medical and nursing staff in a variety of tasks including taking medical histories, recording vital signs and performing intake.
- Explain treatment procedures to patients and prepare patients for examinations and procedures.
- Assist Clinician during examinations and procedures. Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the Clinician.
- Update electronic medical records and complete required forms in our EHR system. Perform all other administrative duties as directed.
- Dispose of contaminated supplies. Sterilize medical instruments.
- Promote patient/family understanding of the educational content and his/her involvement in the plan of care, and document in patient record.
- Prepare patients for ultrasounds, exams, tests and procedures. Perform ultrasounds, patient education, and lab services as requested.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician/clinician when allowed by state regulations. Authorize drug refills as directed and telephone prescriptions to a pharmacy.
- Answer telephones and greet patients. Schedule appointments as needed and arrange hospital admissions and laboratory services.
Additional Responsibilities if working in Primary Care setting
- Take electrocardiograms (EKGs). Remove sutures/staples. Change sterile and non-sterile dressings. Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the Clinician.
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens and perform basic laboratory tests on premises.
- Draw blood.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Customer service experience, preferably in the medical field.
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask, and demonstrate use of effective communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Must be able to read, comprehend, input, retrieve and analyze data daily.
- Experience in primary care/family medicine (Preferred)
- Experience in women’s health/reproductive health (Preferred)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (Preferred)
Certified Medical Assistant Requirements
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant Program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Certification from American Medical Technologists.
Starting salary for non-certified HCA – $15.00/hour
CMA starting hourly rates commensurate with experience, minimum of $15.75/hour