EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Manager of Membership Services and Planned Giving to join our Marketing team. EMILY’s List has raised over $500 million to support pro-choice Democratic women candidates – making them one of the most successful political organizations ever. Our grassroots community of over five million members helps Democratic women wage competitive campaigns – and win. We recruit and train candidates, support strong campaigns, research the issues that impact women and families, and turn out women voters. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 116 women to the House, 23 to the Senate, 12 governors, and over 800 to state and local office. Forty percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Since the 2016 election, thousands of women and counting have reached out to us about running for office. To harness this energy, EMILY’s List has launched Run to Win, an unprecedented effort to help more women run and win at the local, state, and national levels.
The Membership Services and Planned Giving Manager will work closely with the Marketing Director to design, implement, and evaluate the comprehensive membership programs within the Marketing Department, including donor interaction, database maintenance, the monthly giving program, acknowledgments, and other programs. The person in this role also serves as the staff lead for our planned giving program, the EMILY’s List Legacy Fund. In this role, s/he will work with a planned giving consultant to develop, execute and evaluate the annual strategy and budget for the Legacy Fund, including the production of regular mailings, reports, income and expense projections, and preparing and executing timelines. The Membership Services and Planned Giving Manager also oversees our quarterly donor tele-town hall program, working with internal staff and an outside vendor to plan and execute these calls.
• Create programmatic strategies and tactics to improve member stewardship and acknowledgment of giving across multiple fundraising channels and contribution levels (up to $4,999);
• Supervise Membership Services Assistant to ensure that EMILY’s List donors are serviced in a timely fashion via phone, postal mail and email;
• Work with Membership Services Assistant to provide maintenance of the monthly giving program through direct mail and telemarketing and online channels;
• Work with the Marketing team to identify additional membership strategies to increase donor retention and giving;
• Provide regular reports and memos on donor behavior and feedback to the organization;
• Oversee the maintenance of accurate and up to date donor records;
• Develop, oversee, and participate in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of planned giving donors and prospects. In collaboration with the Marketing Director, Major Gifts Director and planned giving consultant, prepare and execute the stewardship and cultivation plan, and ensure that interested donors receive timely responses.
• Oversee the comprehensive planned giving marketing strategy, as recommended by our planned giving consultant, which includes direct mail and online marketing, brochures, newsletters; etc. Provide analysis and evaluation of results;
• Ensure the effective daily operation of the planned giving program, including estate and gift processing and tracking;
• Ensures timely processing of and follow-up to planned giving responses including data entry, telephone calls, staff assignment, and in-house mailings;
• Manage the EMILY’s List tele-town hall program for donors, working with internal staff and consultants to design timelines and content for quarterly calls; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have exceptional communication and organization skills; the ability to work both independently and on a team; the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; and possess a strong attention to detail. Must be a strong writer, editor, and proofreader. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Access, or Excel a plus. Three to five years of membership service or customer service experience and experience working with consultants or vendors preferred. Candidate must have a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff. Candidates must have a commitment and passion to elect Pro-Choice Democratic Women.
EMILY’s List offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com – subject line including your name and the job title. No calls, please.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.