National Training & Outreach Assistant
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a National Training and Outreach Assistant to join our Executive team. We recruit and train candidates, support strong campaigns, research the issues that impact women and families, and turn out women voters. Since our founding in 1985, we have trained nearly 10,000 women to run and helped elect 116 women to the House, 23 to the Senate, 12 governors, and over 800 to state and local office. Forty percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color – including every single Latina, African American, and Asian American Democratic congresswoman currently serving.
The National Outreach and Training Assistant assists the VP, National Outreach and Training in carrying out a variety of projects related to the strategic planning, implementation and other aspects of EMILY’s List’s training and outreach programs.
· Administrative and scheduling support to the VP, National Outreach and Training, including maintenance of contacts and files;
· Preparing the VP, National Outreach and Training for presentations and meetings;
· Serve as back up to the President and Executive Director’s Assistants when necessary;
· Coordinating the planning and logistics preparation for trainings;
· Liaising with the Digital and Communications Departments to help keep them informed on trainings and to help brainstorm ways to continuously highlight trainings;
· Attending trainings and events as needed; providing logistics support;
· Assisting with the development of training materials, and performing strategic partnership research;
· Preparing reports for training and tracking strategic partnership data;
· Managing data integrity across systems;
· Attending strategic ally meetings and events;
· Supporting other Executive team members when necessary;
- Serving as lunch hour back-up and break relief for front desk as needed;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The National Outreach and Training Assistant must be organized, mature, creative, possess good judgement and excellent verbal and written communications skills. S/he must have strong logistics skills, be adept with social media, and have strong PowerPoint and visual presentation abilities. Outstanding planning and execution skills are essential. The National Outreach and Training Assistant should be an innovative self-starter, able to work with a wide variety of people, and able to prioritize and handle a variety of projects. Professional demeanor required. Electoral experience, including volunteer or internships, is required. The National Outreach and Training Assistant must be comfortable speaking to large groups of people and willing to travel. Commitment to the diversity of our training rooms and strategic alliances is required. Commitment and passion to elect Pro-Choice Democratic Women required.
EMILY’s List offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, – subject line “National Training & Outreach Assistant.” No calls, please.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.