Supervisor: Deputy Director, Administration
Supervisory Responsibilities: Admin/Exec Intern
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for an Operations Assistant to join our Administration team. EMILY’s List has raised over $600 million to elect pro-choice Democratic women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 150 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,100 women to state and local office. Nearly 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. During the historic 2017-2018 cycle, EMILY’s List raised a record-breaking $110 million and launched a record independent expenditure campaign. We helped elect 34 new women to the House, including 24 red-to-blue victories; enough seats to have delivered the U.S. House majority alone. Since the 2016 election, more than 50,000 women have reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state and national offices.
The Operations Assistant is an integral part of the Administration team. The Assistant position is pivotal to the Human Resources and Operations team providing support to the Deputy Director, Admnistrator as well as the Office Administrator. This position also serving as the internship program organizer, the Operations Assistant works to ensure interns are given a unique and fruitful experience.
· Works closely with the office administrator to efficiently manage office procedures – to include daily tidying of the conference rooms and kitchen spaces;
· Serves as primary backup to the office administrator to include screening incoming calls, mail distribution, coordinating kitchen duties and general office upkeep;
· Works closely with Deputy Director, Administration on daily human resources and operational needs;
· Assists with the onboarding process for all new staff;
· Posts job announcements to all recruiting outlets and maintains job listings on the EMILY’s List website;
· Assists with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programming;
· Maintains EMILY’s List alumni lists and alumni programming;
· Processes check requests and expense reports for the Administration team;
· Administers hiring tests for hiring managers as needed;
· Works alongside the finance and compliance assistant to ensure intern payments are done with accuracy;
· Provides administrative support to the CAO as needed;
· Works in collaboration with HR Project Manager with various projects
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to present a professional demeanor at all times in both appearance and attitude;
- Ability to be patient and discreet;
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency;
- Ability to multitask successfully in a high-volume, fast-paced office environment;
- Previous internship program management experience a plus;
- Commitment to electing pro-choice Democratic women;
- Commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
EMILY’s List offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com – subject line including your name and the job title. No calls, please.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.