Frontier Group uses the power of ideas and information to achieve a cleaner environment and a fairer and more democratic society. We are issue experts, writers and analysts who recognize that having the facts on your side is important but isn’t enough to change the world – it also takes effective communication, organizing and advocacy to get real results.
We produce timely, high-quality research reports on the nation’s pressing challenges: environmental protection, sustainable energy, good government and more. We help shape effective public policy strategies that address those problems. And we work to make sure the public and decision-makers hear our message through the media.
To maximize our impact, we partner with groups in The Public Interest Network – the nation’s premier network of public interest organizations – and other organizations to insert our research and ideas into public policy debates at the local, state and federal levels.
We’re hiring Policy Associates to do policy research and analysis, plus get hands-on experience in public interest advocacy and organizing.
As a policy associate, you will:
- Write compelling reports on social problems and solutions, using a variety of methodologies including literature reviews and data analysis.
- Help advocates in the field craft a message that will change minds, spur action and generate media attention.
- Write op-eds, blog entries and journal articles that insert our findings into the public debate.
- Participate in trainings, presentations and panels.
- Learn the skills of canvassing and managing a fundraising operation, and run a canvass office for a partner organization during the summer months.
- Learn recruiting skills and participate in recruiting new Frontier Group staff
Candidates should have:
- Excellent writing skills
- An orientation to problem-solving
- The ability to thrive under deadlines
- The ability to think critically and present persuasive arguments.
- A track record of academic success and proven leadership ability.
Familiarity with quantitative analysis is a plus; as is experience in debate, public speaking, journalism, political campaigning, fundraising, and/or grassroots political organizing.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation will total approximately $26,000. Frontier Group offers a competitive benefits package.
Denver, CO, Boston, MA, and Santa Barbara, CA
Go to http://workforprogress.org/apply/?pos=Policy+Associate&org=Frontier+Group&id=101 to submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample. In your cover letter, please be sure to mention where you saw our job advertised and what location you are interested in.
Frontier Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.