Organization Overview: Women Winning, a 501c4 organization with a State and Federal PAC< recruits, trains, and elects pro-choice women to all levels of public office. Over the past 37 years, Women Winning has raised millions of dollars and supported thousands of pro-choice women candidates.
Objectives: Implement and grow Statewide Candidate Recruitment and Development Program to ensure pro-choice women win elections and have a seat at the tables of power. Work closely with the Executive Director, committees, and staff to construct and achieve short and long-term political goals. Must be results-oriented, a self-starter, have excellent interpersonal skills, adaptability, great attention to detail, and a sense of humor.
– Support the mission of Women Winning and increase the number of pro-choice women running for office in Minnesota at all levels
– Responsible for the planning and execution fo the Candidate Recruitment and Development Program; this includes identifying, recruiting, and training pro-choice women candidates running for local, state, and federal office
– Create and implement integrated political plan focused on building the candidate pipeline in Minnesota
– Serve as primary contact with prospective and endorsed candidates, campaign teams, and elected officials
– Partner and execute Women Winning’s Candidate & Campaign training program
– Analyze key Women Winning races and assess the fundamental mechanics necessary to build and execute a winning campaign plan
– Assess candidate needs and offer strategic guidance to campaigns
– Provide staff leadership and support to State and Federal Political Action Committees adn committee chairs regarding endorsement process
– Oversee, organize, and execute Political Leaders of Tomorrow (PLOT) Internship Training Program, including the hiring and management of the PLOT Coordinator(s)
– Represent Women Winning, build, and strengthen relationships with key partners
– Assist and respond to needs for additional duties and special projects as determined by the Executive Director
Key Skills and Attributes:
– Commitment to the mission of Women Winning
– Bachelor’s degree and at least three to five years of experience advancing a political program at the state or local level
– An understanding of the Minnesota political community
– Strong writing and communications skills
– Experience with multifaceted planning processes
– Demonstrated flexibility in problem-solving
– Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability
– Outstanding attention to detail
– Campaign experience
Hours: Full Time
Compensation: Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent health and dental benefits and access to 401k-retirement plan.
Women Winnign is an Equal Opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
To apply: Visit www.womenwinning.org/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter. The position will remain open until filled. Contact Meggie Wittorf, Women Winning Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries or urgent matters.
About Women Winning
2018 marked the beginning of a new era of pro-choice women’s leadership, but in both Minnesota and Washington D.C., women are still significantly underrepresented at the tables of power. With emboldened threats to reproductive rights at all levels of government, it is more important than ever that pro-choice women run for -- and win -- elected office. Since 1982, Women Winning has been building a coalition of people of all backgrounds, gender identities, and political affiliations united in our mission to recruit, train, and elect pro-choice women to all levels of public office -- from park board to President of the United States. We’ve endorsed and elected thousands of candidates, tripling the number of pro-choice women holding elected office in Minnesota. Pro-choice women continue to step up to run for office and Women Winning will be with them at every step on the campaign trail in 2019, 2020, and beyond.