Texas is the biggest battleground state in the country, and Texas Democrats are poised to win. The polls are showing Donald Trump loses to a Democratic champion and we are in a dead heat for the United States Senate.
And while the Texas Democratic Party will flip the State House, beat John Cornyn, and deliver 38 electoral votes to the Democratic Presidential nominee, we are committed to building a bench across the state by supporting progressives in non-partisan elections. Since 2015, Project LIFT has worked with party leaders and progressive partners to recruit, train, and support local candidates. The program has helped to elect a diverse slate of progressive candidates, with nearly 66% of our successful candidates being PoC’s and more than 50% being women.
The TDP is seeking top-tier, self-motivated, and innovative Project LIFT Director to help execute an ambitious program providing extensive resources and services to local, non-partisan candidates. This person will work closely with the political, data, and training departments to execute 2020 programs.
The position will be based in Austin and will require significant statewide travel.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Creating and executing a candidate recruitment pipeline, with an eye toward diversity
- Administering a “recognition” process for candidates seeking to become part of Project LIFT
- Adapting existing TDP candidate resources to maximize usefulness for non-partisan candidates
- Seeking opportunities and support efforts to increase diversity of campaign-related staff, and the campaigns team;
- Managing services to a portfolio of campaigns, assisting directly with:
- Identifying and recruiting a professional campaign team, including managers, other staff, and consultants, where applicable;
- Setting up effective field, communications, digital, and fundraising teams and structures;
- Building, developing, and maintaining campaign plans and budgets;
- Reviewing and offering guidance on campaign communication; and
- Building strong relationships with supportive Democratic and progressive partners;
- Managing or participating in weekly conference calls for various campaigns in a structured and professional fashion to assist with earned and paid media plans, field operations and fundraising; and
- Liaising between campaign staff and the coordinated campaign apparatus to ensure all parties are effectively communicating
- 2 cycles of candidate campaign experience, preferably in management, or 3+ cycles of candidate campaign experience in junior roles
- A holistic and data-informed understanding of campaigns
- Superior project management skills, including effective task delegation and tracking, and familiarity with collaborative task management tools
- Ability to communicate priorities, needs and expectations up and down the chain of command
- Strong lateral management skills
- Proficiency with organizing tools, including Votebuilder/VAN, MobilizeAmerica, and / or texting platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and clearly communicate with different types of stakeholders, from high level elected officials to grassroots activists
- An absolute commitment to complete the 2020 cycle at the Texas Democratic Party
Preferred background and experience:
- Experience organizing in communities of color and/or non-English-speaking communities
Send resume, cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line: “Project LIFT Director: (First Name, Last Name)”.
About Texas Democratic Party
At our core, we are all about a fair shot for all. That’s why Texas Democrats have a plan for jobs with fair pay, strong neighborhood schools, health care for all, debt-free college, investment in job training and technical education, a dignified retirement, and expanded family leave options, so Texans never have to choose between their job or caring for a sick loved one. We will never stop fighting for an economy that works for everybody, not just those at the top.