SEIU Local 503 (The Service Employees International Union)
Public Sector Director
Oregon’s union of 65,000 care providers, public and non-profit workers is conducting a search for candidates for a staff leadership position. We’re leading the fight for a just and vibrant society for all Oregonians, and are committed to building a 21st century union. We seek a highly experienced, dynamic leader who will work with talented member leaders and staff to conduct internal organizing campaigns.
Public Sector Director: Responsible for coordinating the bargaining, internal organizing, political activism, and leadership development work of the union’s public sector and non-profit workers.
- Supervise the daily work of Field Coordinators and internal organizers; coordinate the orderly operation of all statewide field organizing projects. Participate in administrative and strategic planning for the Union and coordinate planning activities with Field Coordinators and staff organizers. Implement policy decisions of the Union as they impact the Union’s internal field program.
- Supervise Field Coordinators and internal organizing staff, including implementation of the Union’s field program, accountability structures and personnel issues.
- Supervise and oversee all internal organizing projects, including collective bargaining, politics, contract enforcement, leader recruitment, training and development and membership and CAPE drives.
- Coordinate all statewide projects for contract campaigns, politics, and worker empowerment.
- Train, mentor and develop organizers in all aspects of Union organizing work.
- Coordinate meetings of Field Coordinators and organizers (team and one-on-one) that include planning, reporting, evaluating and implementing accountability structures that relate to the Union’s overall strategic plan.
- Coordinate coalition building and participate in coalition activities consistent with the overall mission of our Union. Participate in union-wide membership drives, political campaigns and other field activities as assigned which may include worksite visits, phone banking, house visits, door-to-door canvassing and literature drops.
Eligible applicants for the position should have:
- Five or more years of union organizing experience;
- Demonstrated success as a supervisor, including training and developing staff and a history of holding staff, leaders, and self accountable to high standards of performance;
- Ability to work effectively with other departments within the union and with minimal supervision; and a demonstrated commitment to organizational equity and inclusion. The position is part of the union’s senior staff team.
Office and field work involving travel to areas represented throughout the state and in a variety of environmental situations. The work week is Monday through Friday plus weekend work as needed. The work day may begin and extend beyond normal office hours depending on the demands of the position.
Salary range: $70,946 – $94,521
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for us, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU Local 503 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/cpvnqzhh5qhhfqx9