Century Engineering – Hunt Valley, MD Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering is currently seeking a motivated Public Utility Designer with 3-5 years of applicable experience in the practice of gas and or electrical design. Experience must include layout, design, and circuiting of lighting, power and gas distribution systems for system expansion and new and renovation building projects utilizing Microstation.
- Perform field investigations to determine existing conditions.
- Design all aspects of engineering projects, including computer applications, quantity and cost estimate calculations and overall plan preparation.
- Draft technical specifications.
- Interpret and apply all applicable federal, state and/or local codes.
- Complete projects ranging from low to moderate complexity.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines.
- Exercise independent thought and judgment.
Required Education & Skills:
- Associate’s Degree.
- Additional experience and some higher education may be substituted in lieu of Associate’s degree.
- Basic computer ability in using technical software.
- Proficiency in the use of Microstation and Microsoft Office software
- Proficiency in the use of BGE’s design programs such as Atlas, Expert Design, AS8, PoleForeman, CC&B.
- Process core competency in assignments.
- Strong work ethic and the willingness to work cohesively within a team.
- The ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete a Background Investigation.
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact email@example.com or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.